PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with watch folders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Versus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Problem with watch folders Reply with quote

Hello!

I have since some days a problem with watch folders Sad

Picajet doesn't recognize pictures from one watch-folder. My Picatjet-Version Picajet FX 2.5 (Build 440).

In a previous version of picajet I had no problem with that folder.

What can it be? To long pathname? Or whatever?

Volker
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to remove this path and add them again.
Versus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it an have no success. From this folders (and subfolders to this) i get no new imports.

I have tried to remove all watch-folders an set them new again -> i got 'new files on import-folder'-messages from my 'standard-photo'-folder for photos that always in database...

I search this duplicate entries -> remove them -> and on next start i get the same 'import' again Sad

I think there is a little prob with it or with database or whatever.

Any idea?
Versus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested the watch-folders with 2.5.448 again and now i can say what the problem is:

The 'watch-folder'-tool are not watch for new sub-folders or pics in sub-folders. Is it possible to set up the watch-folder to search in sub-folder?
Versus

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does picajet not watch for new files in a subfolder of a watch-folder?????
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New folders needs to add at list manually.
Versus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:

Why no search in (new)subfolders?? I think in previous releases of Picajet there was no problem with new subfolders...
charles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Versus wrote:
Alex wrote:

Why no search in (new)subfolders?? I think in previous releases of Picajet there was no problem with new subfolders...

The watch folder function has been occasionally flaky for me. 99% of the time that I add new photos to my PJ folder, they are within one or more new subfolders. 90% of the time PJ will detect the new subfolder, and import the images. Occassionally PJ fails to notice a subfolder - in those cases, I have unchecked the main parent folder within the watched folders dialog, then rechecked it, and everything went fine.

Recently I found a handful of images (maybe 5 out of ~2.5k) that never got imported with their sibblings in a subfolder (disturbing!). I manually brought them into PJ ok. Also, I just updated to v.452, and when I ran it for the first time it took a *looonggg* time, and found a couple other MIA files. So maybe PJ has a more aggressive file search function in v.452?

-CAT
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles wrote:
Versus wrote:
Alex wrote:

The watch folder function has been occasionally flaky for me. 99% of the time that I add new photos to my PJ folder, they are within one or more new subfolders. 90% of the time PJ will detect the new subfolder, and import the images. Occassionally PJ fails to notice a subfolder - in those cases, I have unchecked the main parent folder within the watched folders dialog, then rechecked it, and everything went fine.

Recently I found a handful of images (maybe 5 out of ~2.5k) that never got imported with their sibblings in a subfolder (disturbing!). I manually brought them into PJ ok. Also, I just updated to v.452, and when I ran it for the first time it took a *looonggg* time, and found a couple other MIA files. So maybe PJ has a more aggressive file search function in v.452?

-CAT

Charles, could you please check this new PJ 453 build:
http://www.picajet.com/download/PicaJetInstall_453.exe
charles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:

Charles, could you please check this new PJ 453 build:
http://www.picajet.com/download/PicaJetInstall_453.exe

That's the free build, it seems to have clobbered my FX install. Do you have 453 as an FX installer?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use this link to download PJ FX 2.5 453 build:
http://www.picajet.com/download/PicaJetFXInstall_453.exe
charles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
Please use this link to download PJ FX 2.5 453 build:
http://www.picajet.com/download/PicaJetFXInstall_453.exe

Hmm... finding issues. I ran a search for duplicates as soon as PJ fired up, it returns nothing found (which looks to be true) but then immediately locks up PJ ('program not responding', requires forced quit from shell). I tried this a couple times with the same problem. I finally opened PJ and 'left well enough alone' (just let it sit quietly) and after a while it notified me that it had found new files. I let it import them, and it found 44 'new' images in a folder that has been unchanged for over half a year.

I spot checked a half dozen manually to see if any of them were now duplicated in the DB; they were not. It's possible that they failed to be imported with their comrades; I have not annotated this folder so it's hard for me to say if they had been imported before. I also then nervously tried to find duplicates, this time it ran fine (again saying nothing found) and immediately gracefully returned control back to me (ie did not lock up this time).

I exit PJ, run again, let it sit. After a while, it again informs me of new files in watched folders - at this point clearly a bug, since I have added nothing to the watch tree. I let it run, it now finds 42 'new' images, which seems to be a subset of the prior 44. Now if I run 'find duplicates', it identifies 42 pairs.

So 'check duplicates' maybe has some issues of locking up the system when running while the program is scanning watch folders (?). More importantly, the inappropriate re-import of old images is a serious issue.

Let me know if you want me to send an example of one of the files being re-imported; they look fine to me, but maybe an esoteric date in them is confusing the importer? Also if you want to make a test build with debugging code in the import logic I'd be happy to run it for you; if you can hack up something that generates a stack trace file I can mail it back to you. The DB in question has about 8,000 images, I can probably mail you a few MB without having the mail server get snarky.

-CAT
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try to remove all folders from watched list and add them again. We are changed "watched" mechanism, so PJ needs to adapt.
charles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Please try to remove all folders from watched list and add them again. We are changed "watched" mechanism, so PJ needs to adapt.

Something's really messed up with build 453.

When PJ first starts (again my DB with 8k images) the process occupies 50% CPU for 3-5 minutes before quieting down. It looks like if I try to work on the DB in that time period, it will lock up the program, requiring a hard kill with task manager to get it to quit.

It first happened when I attempted to adjust the watched folders; I had to hard kill PJ, re-run, wait for it to be CPU quiet, could then succesfully delete my one watch folder and then re-add it.

I quit normally and re-ran to see if it triggers a watch, not that time. But then I tried to do a duplicate search before the program quieted, and it thew a 'Database Error' and crashed. When re-run, it spent several minutes recovering the database, and then many minutes recovering links (categories?) of some sort (while displaying Xeno's Progress Bar - it is always moving towards 100%, but the closer it gets to 100 the slower it moves; I was afraid it would never finish). Unsettling.

Quit to be safe, re-run, wait to be quiet (about 75 seconds this time). Waited an additional 5 minutes (to see if it decides there are new files); it correctly does not find new files. Now find duplicates runs fine, I remove the 42 duplicates brought in before.

Quit, re-run, (wait again for 75 seconds of frantic CPU activity), now it has detected new files in watch folder. I let it bring them in, it's the same 42 it incorrectly re-imported before, and that I had just removed after verifying that PJ could correctly flag them as duplicated with the find duplicates feature.

So it looks like there are still two problems: inappropriate import of already existing pictures, and rather dramatic instability when the program is first launched.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I let it bring them in, it's the same 42 it incorrectly re-imported before, and that I had just removed after verifying that PJ could correctly flag them as duplicated with the find duplicates feature.

I can suggest delete these 42 files and their duplicates from database and then restart PJ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: