PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reorganize feauture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reorganize feauture Reply with quote

Hi!
It's may be a useful feauture: Reorganize button.
Need to physically reorganize all photos on drive.
e.x.:

old folder tree:
\My Photos\1\new\*.jpg
\My Photos\last\photos\*.jpg
\My Photos\canon\*.jpg

new folder tree:
\My Photos\Canon\EOS350D\2006\Jan\01\originalname.jpg, where
part of path "\Canon\EOS350D\2006\Jan\01\" gets from EXIF data.

sorry for my bad english =)
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Reorganize feauture Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion. We are planning to announce a special program to physically reorganizing the folders structure. We are open here and directly by support about any suggestion related physical folders reorganizing.

Also I will be appreciate if the PicaJet users and the forum guests will shared ideas about how you organize/store your photos and folders.
collin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My photos are organised by year e.g. c:\my photos\2003 etc. Each graphics file in the folders is named by YearMonthDayHourMinute. This works well for me.

Roger

P.s. I love using Picajet, nice and easy to use but customisable. One suggestion for getting more activity on these forums is to include a link to the forums on Picajet under the Help menu. This is used in MediaMonkey, which reminds me a lot of Picajet, except it is for audio files Wink
http://www.mediamonkey.com/
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collin wrote:
My photos are organised by year e.g. c:\my photos\2003 etc. Each graphics file in the folders is named by YearMonthDayHourMinute. This works well for me.

Roger

P.s. I love using Picajet, nice and easy to use but customisable. One suggestion for getting more activity on these forums is to include a link to the forums on Picajet under the Help menu. This is used in MediaMonkey, which reminds me a lot of Picajet, except it is for audio files Wink
http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Good Idea.

Here the link to the new PicaJet Photo Transfer beta version:
http://www.picajet.com/phototransfer/PicaJetTransferInstall.exe

Small tool for reorganize an existing photo collection.

Any feedbacks are welcome Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: