PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos location changed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdemeure

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Photos location changed Reply with quote

I had photos which were located on many cd / dvd.

I deciced to create a unique dvd with all the photos

Now I've got a problem because i don't know how to tell to picajet that the photos has moved from a cd ( or dvd ) to an other.

When photos are located on removable storage, it seems that "Recovery missing file" doesn't work.

Does a solution exists ?
Have i a way to modify directly the data in the picajet database ( i didn't find any tools that can read the TDI,IDI and BDI files ) ?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no special solution for this situation. All files imported from CD/DVD never marks as missing. PicaJet recognize CD/DVD by Windows serial number.
bdemeure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Location Changed Reply with quote

I understand what you say.

But i'm a developper, and i would know if there is any way to update the database ?

Note a point : we can export to xml but can't re-import from a such file, it would be a good way if it was possible.

I tried an other way : insert the old cd and press [F6] to move to the hardisk, but picajet doesn't do the job because it can't remove the photo from the old cd. If the error was ignored at this point, i think it could be a workaround. Because when photos are on hdd, we can deleted them and tell to picajet a new location.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Location Changed Reply with quote

Do you saved all you captions, categories into the files before importing images? If yes you can copy file through Explorer and reimport them again.

If not you can try the new beta version of PicaJet Photo Transfer program:
www.picajet.com/phototransfer/PicaJetTransferInstall.exe

You can copy your files using Photo Transfer to hard disc. After transfer will be completed you can go to the RollBack manager and go to "Actions > PicaJet > Relocate PicaJet links According Transfer"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: