PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thanksforfish

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Features Reply with quote

Think these might have been mentioned before but I'll just add my vote:

Writing IPTC data to only the files that have changes

Improving the quality of the thumbnails (configurable maybe)

I'd love to have these implemented, I have tried around 10 different asset managers / cataloguers in the past few days and Picajet has been the best because of its handling of tags, speed and common sense implementation. I think I will purchase fx even without the above features. Huge congratulations to the developers that wrote this and may they continue to do so (though Im a bit worried by the lack of activity in the forums - hope development hasnt halted).

Cheers.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

thanksforfish wrote:

Improving the quality of the thumbnails (configurable maybe)

I'd love to have these implemented, I have tried around 10 different asset managers / cataloguers in the past few days and Picajet has been the best because of its handling of tags, speed and common sense implementation. I think I will purchase fx even without the above features. Huge congratulations to the developers that wrote this and may they continue to do so (though Im a bit worried by the lack of activity in the forums - hope development hasnt halted).

Cheers.

Thank you for the suggestion. We are involved in a new image transfer software development (temporary named CamReader) which will be part of the next PicaJet version.

All the features mentioned by you will be taken into account.

If anybody interested in testing CamReader here the direct link:
http://www.picajet.com/download/CamReaderInstall.exe
martin10018

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. We are involved in a new image transfer software development (temporary named CamReader) which will be part of the next PicaJet version.

What's the difference between this and RoboFolder?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

martin10018 wrote:
Wizard wrote:

What's the difference between this and RoboFolder?

CamReader is a advanced version of RoboFolder. It's included all the RoboFolder functionality, plus:
- Direct import from digital cameras
- Direct support for Canon cameras (EOS 30D expected)
- Backup
- Import workflow automation
- GPS tagging based on GPX logs. Might be used any cheap GPS receiver (<50$) and any digital camera model.
- Sources Tab
- Group images in CF(source tab) by events.
martin10018

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

Quote:
CamReader is a advanced version of RoboFolder. It's included all the RoboFolder functionality, plus:
- Backup
- GPS tagging based on GPX logs. Might be used any cheap GPS receiver (<50$) and any digital camera model.
- Sources Tab

Does my PicaJet FX serial number work with it (since it's going to be included in PicaJet FX)?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

martin10018 wrote:
Quote:
- Backup
- Sources Tab

Does my PicaJet FX serial number work with it (since it's going to be included in PicaJet FX)?

No. Because I mentioned PJ version 3.
Currently CamReader in a beta stage. We are looking for the beta-testers for CamReader & RoboFolder. Beta-testers will get a free registration for the CamReader and/or RoboFolder.
mollyfud

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
martin10018 wrote:
Quote:
- Backup
- Sources Tab

Currently CamReader in a beta stage. We are looking for the beta-testers for CamReader & RoboFolder. Beta-testers will get a free registration for the CamReader and/or RoboFolder.

What sort of time frame are you looking for version 3 and what Flickr integration (if any additional)? Personally I would love FLickr syncing (i.e. if I update a tag on a flickr photo, would love to get that back to Picajet).

JMTC
Molly
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

mollyfud wrote:
Wizard wrote:
martin10018 wrote:
Quote:
- Backup
- Sources Tab

What sort of time frame are you looking for version 3 and what Flickr integration (if any additional)? Personally I would love FLickr syncing (i.e. if I update a tag on a flickr photo, would love to get that back to Picajet).

JMTC
Molly

I can't to say the exact release date. Currently we are busy on Import Workflow Software. But many of PJ v3 works are already done.
tumirnix

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

Hi!
thanksforfish wrote:

I just add my older forum entry dealing with this problem:
http://www.picajet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=304

But I think it's good to mention it again, hopefully it get a higher priority in the develoment plan.

Thanks
Turminix
Versus

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Features Reply with quote

mollyfud wrote:

JMTC
Molly

I'm also interested in the flickr-sync. Whats about this?
collin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: What I would like to see in Picajet three Reply with quote

What I would like to see in the next version of Picjet (it is very similar to other peoples requests).

1. Clear thumbnails
2. More editing options for photos e.g. as per Picassa "Fill light" "Highlights" "Shadows", "Warmer - Colder", straighten photos.
3. Ability to "stack" edited photos so that any editing changes can be see and removed.
4. Ability to update IPTC data from the Picajet database, for only those photos that have been changed.

Apart from that I like Picajet just the way it is. Powerful yet simple to use. I recently tried a competing product (Studioline) - Yuk, I quickly hurried back to Picajet!

Hopefully the Picajet developers will take notice of these requests. Many people are asking for the same enhancements so they must be right.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: What I would like to see in Picajet three Reply with quote

collin wrote:
What I would like to see in the next version of Picjet (it is very similar to other peoples requests).

1. Clear thumbnails
2. More editing options for photos e.g. as per Picassa "Fill light" "Highlights" "Shadows", "Warmer - Colder", straighten photos.
3. Ability to "stack" edited photos so that any editing changes can be see and removed.
4. Ability to update IPTC data from the Picajet database, for only those photos that have been changed.

Apart from that I like Picajet just the way it is. Powerful yet simple to use. I recently tried a competing product (Studioline) - Yuk, I quickly hurried back to Picajet!

Hopefully the Picajet developers will take notice of these requests. Many people are asking for the same enhancements so they must be right.

I agree with all of the listed points except the point 2. We are planning to focus on organizing/management features rather than editing ones. Because there are many other players on the market which offer good editing solutions. And I guess that except of the basic image editing features: rotate, crop, red--eye, frames PicaJet should handle images to your favorite images/RAW editing tool.
tumirnix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I agree with Wizard, the focus of Picajet should be the organization of
pictures (maintaining meta information and captions, searching). Here is
still enough room for improvement (see above).

Another interesting feature would be some diff funtionality
- on pictures
- on the meta information.

For editing I prefer other programs, e.g. Photoshop (Elements).
For me it would be helpful if the quick edit functions can be disabled,
because one can too easy make changes on a lot of pictures
and the way back is not clear to me.

For me it's also surprising that the description which was entered
in Picajet is stored in the IPTC field "Description". If I reimport such
a picture the categories are recognized, but the description not.
Is there any reason for that?

But if Picajet has implemented the crop feature I would like to have
it like in the freeware "JPegCrops":
- lossless crop
- definition of fix aspect ratio

By the way: In my Picajet FX 2.5.0 Build 448 the online check for
updates does not seem to work. I can already download the build
452 from the picajet web site.

Best regards
Tumirnix
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

For me it's also surprising that the description which was entered
in Picajet is stored in the IPTC field "Description". If I reimport such
a picture the categories are recognized, but the description not.
Is there any reason for that?

There was the priority of EXIF Description for IPTC Description. On the next release IPTC Description will be more priority-driven field.

Quote:

But if Picajet has implemented the crop feature I would like to have
it like in the freeware "JPegCrops":
- lossless crop
- definition of fix aspect ratio

I will checked it. BTW the early PicaJet version uses lossless crop. Lossless crop has the next limitations: the cropped image size are always divisible to 8. It is mean that you can precisely crop the image. But I agree that this feature might be added optionally.

Quote:

By the way: In my Picajet FX 2.5.0 Build 448 the online check for
updates does not seem to work. I can already download the build
452 from the picajet web site.

It was temporary disabled. Will be available with the next build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: