PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Locate by" only goes to but doesn't hide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: "Locate by" only goes to but doesn't hide Reply with quote

When you use the "locate by" option to find you pictures by date - it really annoying that it doesn't HIDE all other pictures, than the selected date - it only puts them on top!!! Please fix this in future releases.

Example:
I want to see all pictures from june 15 - I use locate by - and it puts all those pictures on top - but everything else is still visible, just further down...

Strange thing is that if you use keywords to sort your view - then it hides everything else than the selected keyword(s) - that's how it should be!

Will this be fixed in new builds/versions?!

/Kasper
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: "Locate by" only goes to but doesn't hide Reply with quote

kasper_dk wrote:
When you use the "locate by" option to find you pictures by date - it really annoying that it doesn't HIDE all other pictures, than the selected date - it only puts them on top!!! Please fix this in future releases.

Example:
I want to see all pictures from june 15 - I use locate by - and it puts all those pictures on top - but everything else is still visible, just further down...

Strange thing is that if you use keywords to sort your view - then it hides everything else than the selected keyword(s) - that's how it should be!

Categories panel works as filter. "Locate by" panel works as locator and just go to selected group.

kasper_dk wrote:

Will this be fixed in new builds/versions?!
/Kasper

No, it can't be fixed soon.
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: "Locate by" only goes to but doesn't hide Reply with quote

Alex wrote:

Categories panel works as filter. "Locate by" panel works as locator and just go to selected group.

Sorry I don't understand your answer...
Why should "locate by" not work as a filter (or have the option of doing so) when "Categories" does? If you have a photo shoot of 300 pictures a day for a week, then just putting the ones from a specific date on top - while still showing the others just under - doesn't really help you get an overview of what was shot which day.

What do you mean
Alex wrote:

...and just go to selected group.
That's what I'm doing when I go to ex. June 15 - that's the "group" I want - and then I just want everything else to be hidden/filtered away.

I know this is a matter of taste - but if you have LOTS of photos, it becomes quite important whether your screen is completely cleared of all irrelevant stuff when you need something specific - or whether it just puts irrelevance down at the bottom, still interferring your workspace...

Hope you see my point. Wink

/Kasper
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: "Locate by" only goes to but doesn't hide Reply with quote

kasper_dk wrote:

Why should "locate by" not work as a filter (or have the option of doing so) when "Categories" does? If you have a photo shoot of 300 pictures a day for a week, then just putting the ones from a specific date on top - while still showing the others just under - doesn't really help you get an overview of what was shot which day.

Groups it is the same as books chapters. "Locate by" it is contents of filtered images. So then you click on group (Date, Folder, Rating etc.) you moves to selected chapter/group. So this is normal work of "Group by".

I know that filter by "Locate by" is useful feature but it can't be implement in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: