PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One more question about searching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tau99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: One more question about searching. Reply with quote

Good day!
For example, i want to find photos made with 30d camera AND with iso = 1600. How can i do it? Sure, i can find all "EXIF -> Model -> 30d" images, make such category for the result and search within it; but maybe there is any better way?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: One more question about searching. Reply with quote

tau99 wrote:
Good day!
For example, i want to find photos made with 30d camera AND with iso = 1600. How can i do it? Sure, i can find all "EXIF -> Model -> 30d" images, make such category for the result and search within it; but maybe there is any better way?

Unfortunatelly current PJ version doesn't support for multiply fields search.
Except of the way you suggested above you can also search images by ISO 1600 and then sort images by camera model.
tau99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Hope PJ 3 will support it Smile
Cantello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is not possible to search for photos containing two or more 'tags'?

I have assigned some of my photos to several categories now, depending on who is displayed on the photo. What would I now do to combine two tags, e.g. search for all photos where both my friends John and Jack are present?
Nicolas Kersalé

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Cantello,

you can of course select multiple tags from the categories panel and you will have in the workspace all the photos containing at least one of the tags or all the tags or exactly the tags you have selected, depending on the option you choose in the customize category right click menu.

What Tau99 was expecting, is to mix together some search criterias available in the search bar, which is actually not possible in Picajet v2.5
Cantello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolas Kersalé wrote:
you can of course select multiple tags from the categories panel and you will have in the workspace all the photos containing at least one of the tags or all the tags or exactly the tags you have selected, depending on the option you choose in the customize category right click menu.

Okay, thanks Nicolas.
I will try that as soon as I get home tonight. I am currently in the trial phase and if this works as smoothly as I think it will, I will probably register PicaJet.

I am a little bit undecided between Picasa and PicaJet, both are quite similar (even the name!). Picasa offers more on the terms of photo editing and very easy operation, whereas PicaJet offers much better labeling and tagging of photos (I love the hierarchical tree of keywords!).

Helge.

Edit: Oh, I just found out that by CTRL-click-selecting multiple categories you select the pictures with either ANY/ALL of the selected categories. Simple as that! :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: