PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available to download:

PicaJet FX: http://www.picajet.com/download/PicaJetFXInstall.exe
PicaJet Free: http://www.picajet.com/download/PicaJetInstall.exe

Whats new:
- Added a new category "Un-saved metadata"
- Database Description field gets the value from IPTC Title field
- Added ability to import Adobe DNG crop parameters.
- Fixed watched folder minor bug
- Fixed minor bugs
oraman2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain how to use the new category "Un-saved metadata". It's not obvious.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oraman2003 wrote:
Please explain how to use the new category "Un-saved metadata". It's not obvious.

You can add/edit your image captions/ratings/categories not care about updating IPTC/EXIF data. After you finished the image describing process you can select "Un-saved metadata" category to select only the images which requied updated their IPTC/EXIF datas.

You can also check this thread:
http://www.picajet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=304
Barry Pearson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:

I maintain several pages about DNG at the following link. PicaJet & RoboImport are already (separately) in the "Products that support DNG" page.
http://www.barry.pearson.name/articles/dng/

Another page there lists "Products that support XMP within DNG". (I don't need to tell you that this is an important category!) It appears that one or both of the above products should be listed on that page. I'm posting here to get the details right before updating it.

Could you please confirm, by response here:

Does PicaJet read XMP within DNG files?
Does PicaJet write XMP to DNG files?

(I think the answers are Yes Yes, but I want to be sure).

Does RoboImport read XMP within DNG files?
Does RoboImport write XMP to DNG files?

(I think the answers are No Yes, but I want to be sure).

Feel free to provide better information about your products for my pages, including better links, than I already have. I only show a brief summary, then I provide links to the suppliers' websites.

Thank you.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

Quote:

I maintain several pages about DNG at the following link. PicaJet & RoboImport are already (separately) in the "Products that support DNG" page.
http://www.barry.pearson.name/articles/dng/

Great resource. I have periodically visit your site.

Quote:

Another page there lists "Products that support XMP within DNG". (I don't need to tell you that this is an important category!) It appears that one or both of the above products should be listed on that page. I'm posting here to get the details right before updating it.

Could you please confirm, by response here:

Quote:

Does PicaJet read XMP within DNG files?
Does PicaJet write XMP to DNG files?

No/No. But I hope "read XMP" feature might be implemented soon.

Quote:

(I think the answers are Yes Yes, but I want to be sure).

Does RoboImport read XMP within DNG files?
Does RoboImport write XMP to DNG files?

Yes/Yes. RoboImport can read and write to DNG.

Quote:

(I think the answers are No Yes, but I want to be sure).

Feel free to provide better information about your products for my pages, including better links, than I already have. I only show a brief summary, then I provide links to the suppliers' websites.

Thank you.

You can read detailed products info here:
- RoboImport: http://www.roboimport.com
- PicaJet: http://www.picajet.com/en/index.php?page=features

Or contact us: support at picajet dot com
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:

- Fixed watched folder minor bug

In earlier versions the watched folder feature worked with some eye-icons for folders that were watched, this never really worked technically but the idea was great. In your current versions you have replaced this with something a lot less usefull... Watched folders now only consist of a "choose folder" option. Where did the options for choosing IF I want to include subfolders or not (yes/no) and is it ALL subfolders or only some that should be included ect. I can't exclude specific folders anymore?!

I basically don't have any options what so ever in my whatched folders as far as I see it...

Are there any hopes for getting this super usefull feature(s) back in the program? And when?

Regards
/Kasper
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

kasper_dk wrote:
In earlier versions the watched folder feature worked with some eye-icons for folders that were watched, this never really worked technically but the idea was great. In your current versions you have replaced this with something a lot less usefull... Watched folders now only consist of a "choose folder" option. Where did the options for choosing IF I want to include subfolders or not (yes/no) and is it ALL subfolders or only some that should be included ect. I can't exclude specific folders anymore?!

I basically don't have any options what so ever in my whatched folders as far as I see it...

As you are correctly said that this feature is never really worked and we decide to replace it with less usefull but more able-to-work.

kasper_dk wrote:

Are there any hopes for getting this super usefull feature(s) back in the program? And when?

I can add the button "Exclude folder" to return this functionality.
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
I can add the button "Exclude folder" to return this functionality.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your opens minds and continous willingness to improve the program!

I've put together a suggestion for you guys for a watched folder functionality that is both simple (no complex eye-icons anymore...) but still powerfull because you can control precisely which folders to include or exclude and also control their respective subfolders.

Best regards
/Kasper

kasper_dk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

...Maybe my post above went off a bit too fast, comments on the screenshot never made it Sad

Anyway it should be very simple:

Left hand side of the dialog box
Your current function of choosing folders to watch is good - but it really lacks the "include subfolder" option (checkbox next to Add and Delete). This should be a simple change.

Right hand side of the dialog box
Same functions as left hand side - but for EXCLUDED folders. Checkbox controls if subfolders should be excluded as well.

/Kasper
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: PicaJet 2.5 (Build 454) is available Reply with quote

kasper_dk wrote:
...Maybe my post above went off a bit too fast, comments on the screenshot never made it Sad

Anyway it should be very simple:

Left hand side of the dialog box
Your current function of choosing folders to watch is good - but it really lacks the "include subfolder" option (checkbox next to Add and Delete). This should be a simple change.

Right hand side of the dialog box
Same functions as left hand side - but for EXCLUDED folders. Checkbox controls if subfolders should be excluded as well.

/Kasper

We need some thoughts, but thanks in any way.
mck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Metadata again. Reply with quote

[quote="Wizard"]
oraman2003 wrote:

You can add/edit your image captions/ratings/categories not care about updating IPTC/EXIF data. After you finished the image describing process you can select "Un-saved metadata" category to select only the images which requied updated their IPTC/EXIF datas.

This is an improvement, being able to find photos that need to have their IPTC/EXIF data updatated. But couldn't you take this one step farther and have a user option to always automatically update IPTC/EXIF data when adding tags to photos?

Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: