PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save Picajet Database date to EXIF / IPTC Feature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Save Picajet Database date to EXIF / IPTC Feature Reply with quote

Hi
I'm a registered user of Picajet and I love it. A feature that I would really like to see in Picajet is the option to save the Picajet database date for an image to EXIF / IPTC. This would be an added option to the already existing Ctrl -I feature. Why implement this ? Because I, like many photographers have a huge stock of "paper" photographs which I scan to digitise. These obviously have no Exif date. I use Picajet to assigne date information (the date the picture was taken, not the date scanned ) to these pictures so I can use the sort by date function in Picajet. I would really like to be able to save these Picajet dates to the Exif / IPTC for the files in the same way I can save keywords, etc. Thanks.
vetty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: + creation date Reply with quote

I second Will's idea... and you could also change the Windows 'Creation date' by the same token to preserve the coherence between the internal date (exif) and the OS date (creation date).

BTW Picajet shoud alow such a synchronisation between Windows creation date and the EXIF date.

Laurent
Massa78

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Save Picajet Database date to EXIF / IPTC Feature Reply with quote

I have same problem with Will. I use Picajet version 2.5.0 (454) and I can't solve this problem. I can save right date to metadata, but it have to do one picture at a time. It would be great if I could save Picajet datetime to (date/time original) metadata and do it for many pictures at the same time. That would help me to organize pictures in Windows when I burn CD:s to my friends.

Can anyone help me?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for suggestion. I have a question about saving date. There is some date fields in the metadata such as EXIF Date/time, EXIF Date/time original, EXIF Date/time digitized, IPTC Date/Time created and IPTC Release Date/Time. Where PicaJet must save date?

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Massa78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXIF Date/time original would be best, because I think Windows use this date to organize pictures by shooting date.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.picajet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=406
Massa78

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
Thank You very very much. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: