PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyword/Categories panel should be improved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demeester_roel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Keyword/Categories panel should be improved Reply with quote

In my option it should become easier to attach categories/keyword (whatever you call them) to images.
My suggestion.
Extend the Categories part within the "properties"-panel, and replace the 'assign category' menu with an autocomplete text-box.
To see what i mean. have a look at how
* picasa implements their keywords [not perfect either - because i don't like their floating dialog approach]
* windows vista Picture Gallery. In my opinion, the easiest way to attach keywords images. They allow drag'n'drop of keywords + autocompletion textbox.
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Keyword/Categories panel should be improved Reply with quote

demeester_roel wrote:
In my option it should become easier to attach categories/keyword (whatever you call them) to images.

I agree with demeester. It could be much faster to attach keywords to pictures! What annoys me is that to give the same keyword to multiple images - you have to select all the images you want, and THEN attach the keyword(s) to that selection.

I would like to be able to select a keyword, and keep it active while scrolling through my pictures, attaching it to the needed pics as I find them. See the idea? Example: I want to keyword pictures with my newphew "sebastian" - but instead of having to search through all pictures first, adding to my selection as I search. I would like to just select the keyword and then go scrolling - attaching that keyword as I go... Microsoft is actually using this feature in their ImageSuite picture management software and call it "keyword painter" - good description of the exact function missing.

/Kasper
Nicolas Kersalé

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kasper,

I am not sure if I well understand the behaviour you describe, but after you click on the keyword(s) you want to add, if you keep the control key pressed when you click on your first picture thumbnail, it allows you to add the same keyword(sp) to another picture. It is not what you want ?

Nicolas
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolas Kersalé wrote:
Hi Kasper,

I am not sure if I well understand the behaviour you describe, but after you click on the keyword(s) you want to add, if you keep the control key pressed when you click on your first picture thumbnail, it allows you to add the same keyword(sp) to another picture. It is not what you want ?

Nicolas

Perfect! Merci beaucoup Wink
/Kasper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: