PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nested Categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shurafa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Nested Categories Reply with quote

Ok So I decided to start from scratch AGAIN. I recreated all my categories and assigned photos to them.

Example 1:

Friends
=College
==Bob
=Work
==Marsha
==Tamara

Event
=Wedding
=Vacations
==London
==Paris
===Louvre

Now for some reason the program crahed and then tried to reimport new images. These images were assigned categories and the categories were orphaned. So I have my old categories plus duplicates.

Example 2:

Friends
=College
==Bob
=Work
==Marsha
==Tamara

Event
=Wedding
=Vacations
==London
==Paris
===Louvre

College
Bob
Work
Marsha
Tamara
Event
Wedding
Vacations
London
Paris
Louvre

If I try and delete the single categories it deletes all the photos from the album!!
shurafa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Couple things here in case anyone else has this issue.

There is an option when you save the metadata to save category structure. This will solve the problem of categories recreating themselves. If however this does not work you can alway drag the orphan category to the nested category and it will "merge" them! Warning!!! Backup before you do this as sometimes picajet will crash and you will lose information. Also this only works on bottom level categories if you have sub categories below a category you are merging it will delete them! I recomend manually moving the photos over from the orphaned to the nested category and then deleting the orhpaned category.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: