PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RoboImport and GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: RoboImport and GPS Reply with quote

I tried the GPS utility in RoboImport. It asked for my GPX file, and performed all other operations properly, but I do not see any GPS tagging present in the photos.

What fields should I see populated if it works - are they in EXIF or IPTC? Also, could you maybe provide a small example GPX file so I can verify that the format Garmin spits out is being recognized? (I seem to recall a silly problem in the past when I used microsoft's WMMX tool that revolved around some minor format difference).

Does RoboImport recognize multiple trk and/or trkseg tags? The first trk is a 'saved track', which has timestamps discarded (thanks, Garmin!). Would that confuse the program?

Thanks,
CAT
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RoboImport and GPS Reply with quote

charles wrote:
I tried the GPS utility in RoboImport. It asked for my GPX file, and performed all other operations properly, but I do not see any GPS tagging present in the photos.

What fields should I see populated if it works - are they in EXIF or IPTC? Also, could you maybe provide a small example GPX file so I can verify that the format Garmin spits out is being recognized? (I seem to recall a silly problem in the past when I used microsoft's WMMX tool that revolved around some minor format difference).

Does RoboImport recognize multiple trk and/or trkseg tags? The first trk is a 'saved track', which has timestamps discarded (thanks, Garmin!). Would that confuse the program?

Thanks,
CAT

GPS fields are subset of EXIF tags.

Which image format do you like to be tagged with GPS? Currently supported JPEG format only. But the next build will be support for DNG also.

If your files are JPEG format could you please send us one of the JPEG files and GPX files as well.
charles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: RoboImport and GPS Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
If your files are JPEG format could you please send us one of the JPEG files and GPX files as well.

Ok, I sent you the GPX and a JPEG that matches one of the trkpt tags exactly, but did not get (AFAIK) any EXIF assigned by RoboImport.

Thanks,
CAT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: