PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locate by... - suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ascaaear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Locate by... - suggestion Reply with quote

Hi

It could be nice when you view pictures with "Locate by image location", and then select a image it would jump to this location and emphasize the specific location.

I believe I read about this somewhere else... when using one of the "locate by..." it would be nice to have a quick option (maybe in the mouse menu) to only show images with the selected date, time, rating or location etc.
Its nice to show all, but its sometimes disturbing when you need to find a picture in a certain folder, and scrolling down and suddently without knowing it you just scrolled over to the next folder.

And a minor bug... when choosing from another "Locate by..." to "show thumbnails without group" it is still showing the last "Locate by" option. Kind of disturbing when you know its not the correct view by.
charles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Locate by... - suggestion Reply with quote

Ascaaear wrote:
It could be nice when you view pictures with "Locate by image location", and then select a image it would jump to this location and emphasize the specific location.

I deffinitely second this. It would also be nice to have a couple more behaviors on the image location directory tree:

* The tree remembers the open/closed state of the folders. Right now if you do anything to change the selection of shown folders, then the whole tree is fully opened up.

* Some means is available to collapse the very top of a deep tree. For example if I have:

C:\stuff\files\myfiles\pictures\ (whole bunch of picture directories here)

then 4 levels of nesting indent are 'used up' before getting to the folders that have data. It would be nice if instead of:

Code:
C:
    stuff
        files
            myfiles   etc

Picajet would determine that all images have a common path of "C:\stuff\files\myfiles\pictures\" and display:

Code:
C:\stuff\files\myfiles\pictures
    folder1
    folder2  etc

This is particularly desirable given that the image location view does not have a horizontal scroll bar; I can't read my folder names without mousing over their location to see the tool tip pop up.

Thanks,
CAT
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Locate by... - suggestion Reply with quote

Added to feature list...
Kalain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Locate by... - suggestion Reply with quote

Charles wrote:

Picajet would determine that all images have a common path of "C:\stuff\files\myfiles\pictures\" and display:

Code:
C:\stuff\files\myfiles\pictures
    folder1
    folder2  etc

This is particularly desirable given that the image location view does not have a horizontal scroll bar; I can't read my folder names without mousing over their location to see the tool tip pop up.

Thanks,
CAT

Alain

This would be quite nice but also with horizontal scroll bar.
Without a horizontal scrolling bar, this won't solve the problem but just pass over nicely. Wink
If I remember well, horizontal scrolling bar is not easy to implement or it's technically impossible due limitations used tools. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: