PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdimaging

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Web Album Reply with quote

I purchase picajet this evening and so far I am very pleased.

On the web album I have my photos sorted into categories. I want to generate the album with each category, eg baby pictures sorted by month and I want all months in one album. I seem to be able to select all photos in the first month but don't know how to get the other 12 months or categories so I have 1 web album.

Your help will be appreciated.

Darlene
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Web Album Reply with quote

jdimaging wrote:
I purchase picajet this evening and so far I am very pleased.

On the web album I have my photos sorted into categories. I want to generate the album with each category, eg baby pictures sorted by month and I want all months in one album. I seem to be able to select all photos in the first month but don't know how to get the other 12 months or categories so I have 1 web album.

Your help will be appreciated.

Darlene

Do you wish to see something like this:

Baby's Pictures
January
February
March
December

Have I correctly understood you?
jdimaging

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Album Generator Reply with quote

Yes Like that with idividual directories and January with its pictures, feb with its. I could only do one month.

Thanks.

Darlene
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Album Generator Reply with quote

jdimaging wrote:
Yes Like that with idividual directories and January with its pictures, feb with its. I could only do one month.

Thanks.

Darlene

Although you can see the chronological groups on the "Locate BY" panel Web-Gallery uses Categories panel. And you should create those directories manually. And then assign the pictures manually by drag-and-drop.
jdimaging

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Categories Reply with quote

Sorry to be dense here. When I create the category I then move all the images to the new category, do I delete the original directory they were in and images or is it just a duplicate copy with the category directory.

I really am confused on this and don't want to lose these images. Thanks for your help.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Category it is "virtual" folder. No new directory created. Image still consists on original physical directory on hard drive. This feature helps to create many links from different categories to one photo and not duplcate this photo.
jdimaging

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Still lost Reply with quote

I made a directory and called it web directory and then made a category one month, two month, etc. I copied the files, drag an drop, from one to the other and it now says they are referred to in both places.

Now how do I keep them in the categories. I have tried to select both categories and select pictures from both categories etc. Web album is not highlighted when I use shift and select both categories and if I just go on the main directory, web album, both months are mixed together.

How do I get to keep them in the categories so the album is in separate months. Thaks for your patience. Embarassed
jdimaging

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Any hints Reply with quote

Still fighting with this any hints would be appreciated.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Now how do I keep them in the categories. I have tried to select both categories and select pictures from both categories etc. Web album is not highlighted when I use shift and select both categories and if I just go on the main directory, web album, both months are mixed together.

How do I get to keep them in the categories so the album is in separate months.

Actually I not quite clear understand that do you mean.
jdimaging

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Categories Reply with quote

What I mean is I can select once category with images in it but when I try to select the second so the images are in two directories, category 1 and category 2. The option is no longer available for the web album.

If I go to the root of the album where all the images are saved then they all come out in one directory I really need sub folders or sub categories actually in the web album to how do I mark the categories to keep the images in.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you select two categories, PicaJet shows all images which already in the First Category and Second Category. So if you need show all images in the First Category + all images in the Second Category you need to switch behaviour of Picajet when you select multiply cateories. By default it is "MATCH ALL". You need to select "MATCH ANY" options. Here is screenshot how you can select it:
jdimaging

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Did this Reply with quote

Okay I did this and when I generate the web album I still get all the images page after page instead of in 001 months 002 months and then the pictures in each directory or category. For example www.jadenparker.com user id xxxx password xxxxx.

Maybe what I am trying to do does not work like I am thinking it should?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

www.jadenparker.com

Unfortunately Picajet cannot make such webalbum as you show us.
jdimaging

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Too bad Reply with quote

This is very disappointing as the web album is what I was particularly excited about.

So you cannot make directories with images in separate directories and have one main index page, linked to sub directories, just checking.

Thanks for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: