PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flickr Uploader v1.1.0.44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Flickr Uploader v1.1.0.44 Reply with quote

Minor update, Flickr Uploader v1.1.0.44:
http://www.picajet.com/download/plugins/FlickrUploader.exe

- Fixed bug with assigning permissions for images
alex.theberge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Flickr Uploader is a serious pain Reply with quote

I've sent two complaints so far, one today and one a few days ago. The flickr uploader has a specific job to do but it keeps asking for authorization. I've authorized the thing deauthorized, uninstalled picajet, uninstalled flickr uploader, reinstalled everything re-authorized everything. Still doesn't freaking work!
I am sorry that I didn't read more of this forum before making a decision to purchase the software. The reviews I had from bloggers both professional and otherwise all said PicaJet was awesome and had many features that the others including Picasa and Elements don't have. I love Elements 4 but it doesn't integrate with Flickr, it was also very expensive. And here is the answer, so I thought. Picajet would have all that I need. And It would, but I can't f'n connect to flickr. I can't believe this, AND I can't get anyone to help me out from picajet. I was going to recommend PicaJet to everyone I knew and so far now I'm regretting every moment I have it opened.
Someone help me out! Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please tell me can you logon at flickr without PicaJet?
alex.theberge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: PicaJet Authorization Issue Reply with quote

Yes, I can log in to flickr fine, I have also authorized and am using a plug-in for firefox called fireflix to upload photos right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
toms

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: thoughts on authorisation - plus REQUEST (order by date) Reply with quote

I had major trouble with getting the flickr plugin to authorise.. but eventually I got it to work. No sure what I did that made it work though.

I still occasionally get an error the first time i try to upload a batch of pics.. but it seems to work the second time.

One thing I definately found was that once the authorisation process has failed, there is no way its ever gonna work after that. You have to de-authorise it with flickr, delete the plugin, restart picajet (and possibly windows), and then start all over again by instaling the plugin, etc..

One other thing i found that seems to help is to have firefox open in the background, and to be signed into your flickr account in firefox. Dunno if thats just my imagination though.

----

FEATURE REQUEST

Can we get the flickr uploader to upload in some sort of (preferbly user selectable) date order? At themoment it seems to upload the files in a random order.. which is kinda annoying as up til now all my files have been in chronological order. (or should that be reverse-hronological? )

anyway, I'm now trying to take a picture a day for a whole year and upload them.. but the random order thing means i need to upload them one at a time. What i need is to have it upload the oldest one first, then the next oldest, etc.. so that in flickr the NEWEST pic is always at the front.

I guess this would be useful to a lot of people too.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: PicaJet Authorization Issue Reply with quote

alex.theberge wrote:
Yes, I can log in to flickr fine, I have also authorized and am using a plug-in for firefox called fireflix to upload photos right now.

I have checked the Flickr Authorization on several Flickr Accounts. All is OK.
Is it possible to provide me with your Flickr Login info to short time so we can able to identify and fix the problem. You can then reset account password.
If yes please send it to support at picajet dot com.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: thoughts on authorisation - plus REQUEST (order by date) Reply with quote

toms wrote:
I had major trouble with getting the flickr plugin to authorise.. but eventually I got it to work. No sure what I did that made it work though.

I still occasionally get an error the first time i try to upload a batch of pics.. but it seems to work the second time.

One thing I definately found was that once the authorisation process has failed, there is no way its ever gonna work after that. You have to de-authorise it with flickr, delete the plugin, restart picajet (and possibly windows), and then start all over again by instaling the plugin, etc..

One other thing i found that seems to help is to have firefox open in the background, and to be signed into your flickr account in firefox. Dunno if thats just my imagination though.

In case of this problem please follow to the Flickr Uploader parameters file:
C:\Program Files\PicaJet\PlugIns\Flickr Uploader\flickr.ini

and delete the "Token=SOMETEXT..." row. After that restart PicaJet and Flickr Uploader. In the next Flickr Minor Update this issue will be fixed. Thank you for the feedback.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: thoughts on authorisation - plus REQUEST (order by date) Reply with quote

toms wrote:

FEATURE REQUEST

Can we get the flickr uploader to upload in some sort of (preferbly user selectable) date order? At themoment it seems to upload the files in a random order.. which is kinda annoying as up til now all my files have been in chronological order. (or should that be reverse-hronological? )

anyway, I'm now trying to take a picture a day for a whole year and upload them.. but the random order thing means i need to upload them one at a time. What i need is to have it upload the oldest one first, then the next oldest, etc.. so that in flickr the NEWEST pic is always at the front.

I guess this would be useful to a lot of people too.

Minor Flickr Uploader 1.1.0.53 version is available to download:
http://www.picajet.com/download/plugins/FlickrUploader.exe

- Added sorting photos ability
- Minor account logging issues fixed.
toms

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. excellent service. I shall try it out as soon as i get home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: