PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures aren't removed from Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Pictures aren't removed from Camera Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Canon IXUS 800IS. I'm trying to use Picajet to transfer my pictures from the camera to my PC. I'm using Free version 2.5 (build 473).

The problem is my pictures aren't being removed from the camera after the import process even though I have the option: "Delete photos from camera or card reader after import process." ticked.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures aren't removed from Camera Reply with quote

Ringo wrote:
Hi,

I have a Canon IXUS 800IS. I'm trying to use Picajet to transfer my pictures from the camera to my PC. I'm using Free version 2.5 (build 473).

The problem is my pictures aren't being removed from the camera after the import process even though I have the option: "Delete photos from camera or card reader after import process." ticked.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

This is a newest Canon camera model. If I am able to get this camera during the next several day we will do some tests with this. Does the same problems exists with the RoboImport? Could you please try it trial version with checked "Remove original files" options?

Direct link to download:
http://www.picajet.com/download/RoboImportInstall.exe
Ringo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wizard,

I downloaded and installed Robo Import to perform the test as you requested. I got a "Error connecting to device" error.

As I said, it works fine with Picajet except that it doesn't delete the image.

Many thanks,

Ringo
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon cameras uses Canon SDK drivers to connect to their cameras. Some new models does not support this SDK and can be connected only through WIA driver, such as Canon IXUS 800IS, Canon A610 (I have this camera) etc. RoboImport use WIA support only with Canon SDK drivers. I suggest you to buy cardreader - it is more faster and more simple. You'll can work with you flash card as drive. RoboImport supports all cardreaders.
Ringo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only tried Robo import as asked to help you guys in testing.

I don't want to have to buy a card reader just to download my photos. I want to plug my camera in, press a button and have them downloaded to my PC and wiped from the camera.

Picajet already downloads the images directly from the camera with no problems at all. The only problem is that the images are not deleted from the camera afterwards.

Thanks,

Ringo
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for misunderstanding. This issue will be fixed at next build.

Thanks.
Ringo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed build 477 and it works like a charm.

Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: