PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best workflow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jotschi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Best workflow Reply with quote

Hy!

I have a lot of pictures on an extern HDD.
They are sorted in several folders like: 2007_12_24 - Christmas at home...
Now i bought picajet and want to organize them in picajet.

I want:
1. give every picture the same IPTC data (Copyright, my adress, phone, e-mail...)
2. then i give them categories and also write them to the IPTC
3. if the extern HDD isnīt online, there should come: please insert HDD...

In the Album there should only be the thumbnails or a preview and the original should stay on the extern medium. How do I manage this?

If I import new images from my cam they all should get the IPTC Data (Copyright, adress....), then I would give them categories.
If this is done, i want to write them to an extern medium (CD or my extern HDD, so that the original file is not on my notebook anymore, only a preview (thumbnail).
if I want to show the original, i must insert the extern medium.

So please can you write me some tips, how to manage the workflow, because i couldnīt find something in the helpfile.

mfg, jotschi
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Best workflow Reply with quote

jotschi wrote:
Hy!

I have a lot of pictures on an extern HDD.
They are sorted in several folders like: 2007_12_24 - Christmas at home...
Now i bought picajet and want to organize them in picajet.

I want:
1. give every picture the same IPTC data (Copyright, my adress, phone, e-mail...)

Select all pictures and press Shift+Enter. Edit these fields in the appeared IPTC Editor and press ok.

jotschi wrote:

2. then i give them categories and also write them to the IPTC

All pictures with changed metadata (Categories, Rating, Descriptions) you can see in the "Un-saved metadata" category. You can select pictures in this category and write metadata to files. File > Write Info to files. Also can just select another menu: File > Write Unsaved Info to Files.

PicaJet have option to ask you to save unsaved metadata then you exit from PicaJet. Go to Tools > Options > General and enable option "Ask to update metadata for chaned files on exit"

jotschi wrote:

3. if the extern HDD isnīt online, there should come: please insert HDD...

When your drive isn't online PicaJet can't open the missing file, so just connect your external HDD then you see message about missing files.

jotschi wrote:

In the Album there should only be the thumbnails or a preview and the original should stay on the extern medium. How do I manage this?

If I import new images from my cam they all should get the IPTC Data (Copyright, adress....), then I would give them categories.
If this is done, i want to write them to an extern medium (CD or my extern HDD, so that the original file is not on my notebook anymore, only a preview (thumbnail).
if I want to show the original, i must insert the extern medium.

Then you import files to PicaJet all files stay in their places only if dont copy to PC these files. So whenyou import files from CD/DVD or external drive PicaJet stores only links to file and thumbnails.

PicaJet can save metadata to files (see above) only if file can be rewriting. External HDD, Flash Cards. (NOT CD/DVD).

jotschi wrote:

So please can you write me some tips, how to manage the workflow, because i couldnīt find something in the helpfile.

mfg, jotschi
jotschi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I customize the workflow, so if i put in my CF Card and import the files, that they all get the "standard" IPTC data (adress....)?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jotschi wrote:
can I customize the workflow, so if i put in my CF Card and import the files, that they all get the "standard" IPTC data (adress....)?

This option is not supported by the current PJ version. But we have a small but powerfull utility named RoboImport to download images from Camera and perform many time-saving tasks "on-the-fly":

Including assigning IPTC data to importing images, auto-rotating, backup, correcting time-stamp, DPI (resolution), auto-renaming and organizing files to folders structure you mentioned on your first topic post.

You can check the RoboImport functionality here and test trial version for free: http://www.roboimport.com

RoboImport can integrate with PicaJet and you offer 25% discount for registered PicaJet FX customers. Hope you'll like RoboImport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: