PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Relative link to database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J_Sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Relative link to database Reply with quote

Is it possible to have the database in PicaJet set as a relative link instead of an absolute link? I have installed PicaJet onto an external hard drive so that other staff members can access the same photo gallery as I do.

What is E: on my PC is F: on another PC.

Or is there another way of doing this that I'm missing?

Thanks Smile
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Relative link to database Reply with quote

J_Sun wrote:
Is it possible to have the database in PicaJet set as a relative link instead of an absolute link? I have installed PicaJet onto an external hard drive so that other staff members can access the same photo gallery as I do.

What is E: on my PC is F: on another PC.

Or is there another way of doing this that I'm missing?

Thanks Smile

The albums with relative path will be added to the next major PJ version.
In the current version I recommend you to share the image folder and import the files with network paths. For example as : \\My Server\PhotoSession\
J_Sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know when this next major version is due for release? And do you know if we are able to get a free upgrade to this release?

I ask because my manager did make an enquiry before purchasing PicaJet asking if the software was able to do what I have just asked. He was told that it was possible to install the software onto an external hard drive and then have the database work when plugged into different PCs. But as we now know, this is not the case with the current version.
Kalain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Sun wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know when this next major version is due for release? And do you know if we are able to get a free upgrade to this release?

I ask because my manager did make an enquiry before purchasing PicaJet asking if the software was able to do what I have just asked. He was told that it was possible to install the software onto an external hard drive and then have the database work when plugged into different PCs. But as we now know, this is not the case with the current version.

Hey, this is only 35 or 40$. Exclamation
That's not a lot of money specialy for a company Question
I do not mind to pay for a software (so small amount of money) if he is doing what I'm looking for. Wink

Kalain
J_Sun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, this is only 35 or 40$.

If you're told a program does something, and then it doesn't, what does the price have to do with anything!?!

Quote:
That's not a lot of money specialy for a company

For a not-for-profit company, all money is a lot of money.

Quote:
I do not mind to pay for a software (so small amount of money) if he is doing what I'm looking for.

We don't mind either and that was my initial point. The software is NOT doing what we are looking for AND what we asked about BEFORE purchasing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: