PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PicaJet-LightRoom Collision?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: PicaJet-LightRoom Collision? Reply with quote

I've been working with the trial version of Adobe Lightroom. I just imported a bunch of JPG files I had created with it; all were 'exports' from Raw files, all had at least some cropping. I was baffled to find them all with really weird crops and aspect ratios in PicaJet. I just noticed that the crop quickedit is applied to all of them.

Does PicaJet look for a standard metadata field describing cropping? I'm wondering if Adobe is setting such a flag when it exports JPEGs, and PicaJet is reading this and re-cropping an already cropped image. I had similar problems a while back when doing lossless rotation in another program (IrfanView).

-CAT
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: PicaJet-LightRoom Collision? Reply with quote

charles wrote:
I've been working with the trial version of Adobe Lightroom. I just imported a bunch of JPG files I had created with it; all were 'exports' from Raw files, all had at least some cropping. I was baffled to find them all with really weird crops and aspect ratios in PicaJet. I just noticed that the crop quickedit is applied to all of them.

PicaJet quickedit crop does not apply changes to the real image since youself dont apply this quickedit thorugh main menu or moving, copying or edit this image .

charles wrote:

Does PicaJet look for a standard metadata field describing cropping? I'm wondering if Adobe is setting such a flag when it exports JPEGs, and PicaJet is reading this and re-cropping an already cropped image. I had similar problems a while back when doing lossless rotation in another program (IrfanView).
-CAT

JPEGS didnt stores crop information. PicaJet uses only crop information in the DNG files.
charles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Definite Lightroom collision Reply with quote

There is definitely a collision with Lightroom. I just imported a bunch of JPG exports from Lightroom and they all have quick edit crops assigned to them. You might want to try to trial version of Lightroom to see this behavior. I've sent you an email with an example as well.

I understand that Quickedit is non-destructive (good!) but the crops are weird (annoying!) and I have only been able to remove them one at a time (tedious!). If there is a better way to remove all quick edits in bulk, I'd love to hear about it, if not, it would be good to have that. Better would be for the strange cropping behavior not to occur at all.

Thanks,
CAT
jwg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: PicaJet-LightRoom Collision? Reply with quote

charles wrote:

-CAT

I can confirm this. I cropped some images in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom exported them as JPG's and checked them in both Photoshop and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. They appeared fine in both programs. Upon import, the initial thumbnail in Picajet shows the crop correctly, then when it re-renders it, the crop changes. From this point on, Picajet sees this image as being cropped incorrectly. Upon export from Picajet, it applies this incorrect crop.

I was able to resolve the issue with a workaround by taking my image into Photoshop and resaving it. When I imported into Picajet, it didn't apply a strange crop. This is a pain, and it degrades the image a little if it's in JPG format, but it will work until the real issue is figured out and corrected.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please send one of these files?
charles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Could you please send one of these files?

Hiya Alex,

I sent an example file back on 2 May to support@picajet.com - did you get it, and if so, could you figure out what's causing the behavior?

Thanks,
CAT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: