PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duplicated entries on import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Duplicated entries on import Reply with quote

I've just started having some images get imported twice from my watch folders - the program alerts that it has found new images, does an import, and then appears to revisit the same folder and bring the images in a second time. I've spot-checked a few very carefully, AFAIK they are exactly the same image on disk (according to path and "locate on explorer").

I thought it could be an issue with symlinks / shortcuts, but none of my watched folders use them. I can delete the duplicated entries, and the first entries will remain.

Watching in general has been a bit weird. The program always says it has found new images (even when there are none), and tries an import, and then presents a large list of images that were not imported because they were already in the database.

v2.5.0 b425, Win XP pro

On a related note, it would be nice to start including tools along the lines of "Find similar images". The simplest search would be to just find files with the same name; I'm sure everyone would also be very interested in a feature that finds files that look the same, but I know that's much harder. The highest hurdle in find-by-name would be presentation of the results (you could treat similar groups as virtual folders, I suppose). I bring it up here as it would be handy for tracking down the problems I describe above...

Thanks!
CAT
duckznutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also getting duplicates of some thumbnails on imports. Particularly if I have edited the file externally and then right clicked on it to 'add to picajet'.
Some of my thumbnails are also appearing upside down, plus if I have an image with the same name (like car.jpg) on different parts of my folder systemm it sometimes gets mixed up as to which thumbnail to show
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: