PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is this so difficult?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duckznutz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Why is this so difficult? Reply with quote

I have 6 simple basic needs : -

1 Auto folder 'watching' and FAST detection and scanning.
2 High quality thumbnails and media view.
3 Explorer browsing
4 Tagging Labeling or 'Categories' to be auto-written to IPTC (thus visible to other apps)
5 Single or Batch edit of IPTC (captions and Keywords) with automatic writing to the file.
6 Fast search engine an any or all fields (including IPTC and pathname)

FotoAlbum - Doesnt search pathnames. Doesnt 'watch' and add new stuff to albums. Otherwise brilliant.

Picasa - Doesnt browse folders. No categories options. Wont update keywords added by other apps after Picasa has 'claimed' ownership.

Picajet - Poor thumbnail quality. Slow to scan. Wont 'watch' for new stuff on the fly (only on startup). Otherwise brilliant.

IMatch - Big and clunky. The lights in my house dim when I right-click on anything!

Portfolio - ditto

IView Media Pro - Brilliant but SLOW. No auto-folder watching / updating. Doesnt automatically write keywords and captions to the files.

In conclusion. There is no application (yet) which does all these things. The first one to crack it will be a HUGE success . .

regardless of whether they are free or $39. If anyone knows of an app that does these things PLEASE tell me.
Picajet and Picasa come closest.
danwolfgang

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Organizer in Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: