PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

16 bit psd files not displaying.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: 16 bit psd files not displaying..... Reply with quote

16 bit psd files not displaying..... - is this a known problem?

hb
SFdrifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having similar problems with layered tif files....files that Picasa and IMatch have no problem with.

Wassup?
SFdrifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being glib....PicaJet is a great program with an interface that is intuitive, elegant, and useful.

Unfortunately, the problems that hillbill has noted throughout these forums with respect to the display of images are enough to make me turn to IMatch (a non-intuitive, inelegant, but extremely useful program). And it's not a price issue at all -- I'd buy PicaJet FX for the IPTC capabilities if everything else was right.

A number of my psd and tif files appear as either "corrupted files" or black thumbnails. At one point last week, when I began adding a new DVD's worth of photos, the program crashed and blue screened my XP box. To PicaJet's credit, the bug reporting mechanism actually worked, and I received an email a day later pointing me to a new build (439). That new build has fixed most of the display problems, but not all....and this one issue is a showstopper.

So, again, what's up, PicaJet?
hillbill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, you are spot on. The picajet interface is soooooo much better than anything else but the program has to do what it says on the tin......

I'm running picajet in tandem with IView hoping that at some point I will able to completely switch but, at present, the software just not really upto the job. This in itself is a pain - two lots of updates all the time. Never mind.

hb
SFdrifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, you may already know this and still be having problems, but PicaJet does display (most?) 16-bit PSD files if they've been saved in a way that "maximizes PSD file compatibility". I imagine that the file is then saved with an additional composite layer.

In Photoshop CS, that setting is at Edit->Preferences->File Handling->File Compatibility.

I've recently been using TIF rather than (or as well as) PSD, so I have a number of files that are visible as 16-bit PSD but not as 16-bit TIF (no image compression, IBM PC bit order, and Zip'ed layer compression). The frustrating part is that some files in that TIF format are visible with PicaJet, but some are not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: