PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to duplicate picajet database & photos ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Other Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Best way to duplicate picajet database & photos ? Reply with quote

What is the best way to have the same content (database + photos) on 2 PCs (PCa & PCb) ?

the result I would achieve is :
PCa : a Picajet Database ( for read and write access) with full size Photos
PCb : same Picajet Database (for read-only access, no database update from here) and half size photos.

I tried to copy of my database from PCa to PCb. The search by categories is working well but when I try to open a photo, the error message still refers to photos of PCa. I however placed my photos in the same folder on both PCs (myDocuments/myPhotos/...) ?

thanks for your answer.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to duplicate picajet database & photos ? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I however placed my photos in the same folder on both PCs (myDocuments/myPhotos/...) ?

Yes. Photos must be in same folders. Or relink them through "Recovery missing links".
seidel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: is not working Reply with quote

Hi!I copy the photos in same directory but in diferent drive c:=> x: and recovery missing link not detect changes!

please help me!
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you keep files on drive "C:"? "Missing links" detect changes only if you delete pictures from "C:" or rename directory on "C:".
seidel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: ok but.. Reply with quote

Many thanks for your answer, I can see the photos in thumbnails but when double-click on a photo picajet say:"error, cannot display" and of course the picture exist.

please helpme!
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have answered by email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Other Questions and Answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: