PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Labelling of images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Labelling of images Reply with quote

I'd like to see some labelling feature. Meaning that I can put a descriptive label (i.e., a name) next to, for example, a person in the image. Just like little sticky notes that can be displayed or hidden. The point is to also save the position of the label so that everytime I open an image the labels are in the same place (these labels can eben be stored in IPTC data in some kind of comment)
gcoupe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice idea. But the metadata should not be stored in IPTC - for one thing, the IPTC-IIM spec never envisaged this sort of thing.

However, XMP, the successor spec to IPTC-IIM, is going to be published very shortly. (see http://www.iptc.org/IPTC4XMP/ ). XMP, being based on XML, is extensible, and could certainly be extended to support your idea.
Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer to XMP. I actually have no knowledge about what exactly is stored in which way in the metadata, i just think that if the lebeling feature should work then the labels need to be transferrable - so they have to be stored somewhere. Anyway PicaJet ist just great and this labelling would only be some additional spice Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: