PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help correcting installation mistake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Need help correcting installation mistake. Reply with quote

I downloaded a trial version of PicaJet and it automatically created a database of over 7500 photos. I didn't realize I had that many. I had forgotten that I created a back up folder with over 3000 photos in it a few months ago. I did not want all the duplication in my data base, so I moved the back up folder from "My Pictures" on the C drive to an external hard drive, and also reorganized some of the folders on my C drive, thinking that PicaJet would automatically update itself to correspond to my "reorganized" folders. Unfortunately, that did not happen, and all 7500 photos are still in the database, although I can no longer access those which had been deleted from, or moved to different folders on, the C drive. So, I decided to uninstall PicaJet and then reinstall it to create a new database. However when I reinstalled PicaJet, the database did not change. It still has 7500 photos with the original folder structure which existed when I first installed it. I have once again unistalled it. Even though I have property uninstalled it using the "Add/Remove" procedure in Windows, the PicaJet database is still on my C drive at "C/DocumentsandSettings/Leonard/ApplicationData/PicaJet.com." Can I simply delete that folder (i.e. "PicaJet.com") and its subfolders to solve my problem? I really like the program, but I would like to correct this problem before reinstalling it. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.
masder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Delete it Reply with quote

Hi,

just delete (or better backup) the databse-folder. after that picajet will create a new database without the duplicated fotos.

greets
masder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Need help correcting installation mistake Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it came out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: