PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

folder selection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: folder selection Reply with quote

First of all, I would like to thank all the development team for this simply fabulous software better than any other I have tried so far. I have downladed the trial version yesturday but I know that PicaJet is THE soft I needed an I think I will register it very soon.

The new feature I suggests is a result of this thought :
I want to be able to search ALL my photos using categories, so I think I would put all my 10,000 photos in a single album.
(tell me if I am wrong on this point but I think it's impossible to make a cross-album search ?)

So my 'All files' view will contain 10,000 thumbnails !

That's why it would be great if it was possible to select (or un-select) a folder (or a group of folders) in the 'Locate by' of the Manage Bar (by mean of check boxes for example), and could apply the category criterias only on the photos of the selected folder(s).

It would also be very helpful to only see photos of a new imported folder when putting category tags.

thanks again for this great software !

Cheers

Nico
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to be able to search ALL my photos using categories, so I think I would put all my 10,000 photos in a single album.
(tell me if I am wrong on this point but I think it's impossible to make a cross-album search ?)

Yes. It is impossible.

Quote:
That's why it would be great if it was possible to select (or un-select) a folder (or a group of folders) in the 'Locate by' of the Manage Bar (by mean of check boxes for example), and could apply the category criterias only on the photos of the selected folder(s).

You may click on group header to select all photos in the group or you may right click on any group in the "locate by" panel and select "Select all images in the group".
Nico

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alex for your fast answer !

I didn't know this way of selecting all photos of a group, but my question is not really with the selection of the pictures of a group but with the thumbnails display in the workgroup.

As a lot of people (I think) I physically store my photos this way :
/my pictures
/2005
/2005-01-01 New Year
photo01.jpg
photo02.jpg
/2005-02-02 nico's birthday party
photo01.jpg
photo02.jpg

As I said, I choose to create a single Album to be able to make a search on all my photos, such as :
- search all photos with Nico on it.

But I think it would be useful to be able to make this sort of search :
- search all photos with Nico on it, during Nico's last birthday party

I know that this kind of search is possible if I create a category for each folder I import (in this case a category for '2005' and a subcategory for 'Nico's birthday party' but I find that redundant because this tree structure already exists in the 'Locate By Image Location' it would be better to re-use it.

in the same idea, it could be great to be able to :
- Search all photos with Nico on it between january 2005 and february 2005 by mixing the category criterias and the informations contained in the Locate by Date tree (year/month..)

(I hope my english is understandable, it's not my mother language)

Nico
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: