PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PicaJet Editing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collinro

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: PicaJet Editing Reply with quote

It is hard to fault PicaJet as a program and I bought it within 3 days of evaluation of the program. However there are a few areas where other programs have advantages. These are in photo quality of zoomed images (even when the "view large images with optimised method" box is cleared). The same photo in most editors looks less pixelated then in PicaJet.
The second area is in photo editing. I actually really like Picassa's editing tools (Fill light, highlights, shadows, colour temperature). With these tools I can nearly always get a photo just how I want it. I would like these options to be available in PicaJet as well. Hopefully the developers of PicaJet can put these options on their 'to do' list Confused

On the plus side, PicaJet has the best Graphical User Interface of any of the photo managers that I have tried. It is very intuitive and easy to use, especially for photo labelling (at least four ways to label a photo if you know how!). Also great searching and filtering features. The second great thing about this software is that the developers are very proactive in fixing any problems that are found. It is great to see that they respond so fast to any glitches that are bought to their attention.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: PicaJet Editing Reply with quote

Agreed. One thing in particular I like about Picasa is HOW it handles photo changes.. it saves the changes in a text file, so no actual change is made to the original image. Its great knowing you can always go back to the original image without multiple files/copies of files being involved. Anyway, can't wait to see what's coming up!

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would love to see Picasa style editing in PicaJet.
Picajet has one great advantage . . . they actually respond to queries and look like they are developing the thing! Thats worth its weight in gold. Please keep it simple fast and slick and dont go the overblown ACDSee way please!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: