PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XML categories export - capture icon assignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: XML categories export - capture icon assignment Reply with quote

It would be nice if the exported XML captured the icon associated with a category, for example:

Code:

<A id="11" name="people" icon="blue_group.bmp" />

Given that all icon images are in a centralized location (the "Icons" directory), the full path to the icon file is probably not needed.

In a similar vein, it would be nice to be able to export only the category hierarchy.

My thinking here is that it takes a while to put together a nice hierarchy, this would allow the user to develop a favorite "standard" hierarchy and quickly apply it to a new album.

BTW, can anyone tell me how to assign transparency to a BMP icon? I tried some of the standard mechanisms reported on the web, and have scrutinized the set that comes with PicaJet, but have not figured it out. In photoshop it looks like the PicaJet icons are using an uncommon "advanced bit depth mode" (A1 R5 G5 B5), but I can't figure out how to make that mode available to my own BMPs (in any bit depth).

Having a LOT of fun with PicaJet! Very Happy

-CAT
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion.

To assign transparency to a BMP icon in photoshop (R8,G8,B8,ACool please resize image to 18x18 before. Then go to View > Channels panel. And add a new channel. It will be located at the bottom. If you fill out this channel with white color it will be 100% transparence layer.

After editing this channel go to File > Save. Check "Alpha Channels" checkbox and set 32 bit depth to saving. That's all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: