PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synchronize Photos - Roadwarriors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
O_hip

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Synchronize Photos - Roadwarriors Reply with quote

Would be great to have a sync feature.. for road warriors who would like to store all photos and a copy of the database on a nentwork folder on their home pc. but have access to all there photos on the road on there laptop as well as being able to add photos while on the road and then just clicking a button to sync the photos and database with a home pc.

Thanks

David Fibingr
david@horseconnect.ca
Very Happy
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely second you on that!
I use my tablet PC for storing and watching photos both when traveling and in my back yard. Would be fantastic to have an easy way of synchronizing it with my desktop.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use same paths for different PCs.
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it's not possible for me to do that.
The photos are on different drive letters and since the OSs are in two different languages, the path to my pictures is different anyway. I tried making a network share on both computers, but since I cannot add loop back IP to the watched folders I had no luck. Perhaps if you could make it possible to add any path to the watched folders it would work. Then I simply had to add \\127.0.0.1\DCIM or whatever the share would be...
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just figured out I could map a network drive to get the same result. Might be prettier if you could add network shares directly though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
I absolutely second you on that!
I use my tablet PC for storing and watching photos both when traveling and in my back yard. Would be fantastic to have an easy way of synchronizing it with my desktop.

I triple it for another reason. I back up all my photos on an external HD. So its on the same machine, but diffrent paths. I have only been using Pica for about 2 weeks to test it out and I LOVE the organizing of it, but some of the backup features are lacking. I want to back everything up, including database to a drive or DVD so if my machine crashes I still have what I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: