PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a limit in number of category image icon ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmag

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Is there a limit in number of category image icon ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I just discovered picajet a couple of days ago and I like it so far.

Playing with categories, I tried to define custom icons from images for all my folks and friends. However I noticed that after having defined around 25 icons from images, PJ behaves strangely. In fact the last icon I define takes over the old ones and after a while it's a total mess.

Maybe a limit of the evauuation version ? or a known limitation.

Thanks.

C.
cmag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ok, I think I figured it out myself. The basic problem was a misunderstanding of the way Picajet deals with category image icons. Please tell me if I'm correct ?

1/ For automatic image icon generation to work, you need to assign only one image the first time you assign a categoruy (the one you want to use as icon), right ?
2/ I have noticed that if you assign multiple images to a new category Picajet does not automatically create an image icon.

Now If I want to manually assign an image icon for a category that does not have one but which is already assigned to several images, I click on Edit Icon.., go to the 'Get from Image' tab, Make sure that the pane here is empty, then select an image and do the stuff.

the problem I had before was that the 'get from image' pane was still showing an image from another category. Choosing and image for my new category would replace and change the image from the other category. Giving me the impression that the number of image icon was limited.

Well, hmm, I'm not sure I am clear enough ???

Anyway I think it's working now,

Thanks folks,

Chris
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the problem I had before was that the 'get from image' pane was still showing an image from another category. Choosing and image for my new category would replace and change the image from the other category. Giving me the impression that the number of image icon was limited.

Files in the "Get From image" pane is collected from selected category(s). To view files from only current category you must select them.
dieterB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, I have the same problem. But it is not solved for me.

I have added icons to my categories. After I have assigned around 20, new icons replace old ones. So, is there a limit for the number of icons? I hope not. Or is this just a bug?

Otherwise its a great program. The best of 10 organizers I have tested.

dieterB
dieterB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing related to the icons:

I cannot rotate the image for an icon. So I cannot use some of my pictures as image icons.

dieterB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: