PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manual Sort
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Marple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Manual Sort Reply with quote

It would be ideal if pictures within a collection could be sorted manually. It would make the creation of a slideshow much easier where the order is important. Hundreds of my photos are scanned from old prints, so a manual sort is necessary.
jarmotuisk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree with Dan. Manual sorting is currently the only feature I miss.
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second you on that!
Cmag

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently discovered Picajet and was looking for a way to create "collections" with manual sort for sildeshow design.
Well, this thread seems to confirm that it is not possible !

So I agree with Dan Marple suggestion to add this possibility in a future version !

Thanks.

C.
Puma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding my request for this feature. Many of my categories have their contents coming from different sources with different names, formats etc. Currently the only way for me to do this is by manually renaming each image to put it into a certain order. Since my collection currently occupies over 27 gig on my drive (with a lot more historical images to scan) this process can get pretty tedious. This was a nice feature that Picasa had since I could just "drag and drop" the images in the order that I wanted them in.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to include Manual Sort to the next PicaJet version I wish to ask one preliminary question:
- When might be used Manual Sort? For which purposes?

I ask this question because PicaJet can showed the images using complex search: using combined categories and groups and sorts...

So image order for the one selected categories might destroy the order for another selected ones.
Richie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deadly want a manual sorting feature.
For which purpose?
Well, I always group photos in series and then I sort them in a certain order so they "tell a story" when slideshowing them.
This is the only reason why I can't use PJ as my photo manager.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning to add a new tool window to PicaJet named "Sets" or "Collections" with supporting the manual sorting. So you can drag the selected photos to this window (attach to a new or an existing set(collection)) and manually order your photos inside of this set(collection).

Does this solution works for you?
brody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
We are planning to add a new tool window to PicaJet named "Sets" or "Collections" with supporting the manual sorting. So you can drag the selected photos to this window (attach to a new or an existing set(collection)) and manually order your photos inside of this set(collection).

Additional question: Can be that new feature (named Set) base for a web gallery. I think, I discovered, that a build web gallery (the index page for a drawer) gets sorted in other way then the display inside picajet itself.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brody wrote:
Wizard wrote:

Additional question: Can be that new feature (named Set) base for a web gallery. I think, I discovered, that a build web gallery (the index page for a drawer) gets sorted in other way then the display inside picajet itself.

Yes. This bug will be fixed in the next PicaJet minor version else Smile
leao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: manual sorting Reply with quote

Hello
Manual sorting is currently the only feature I miss. Is the new tool window to PicaJet named "Sets" or "Collections" with supporting the manual sorting still in preparation?

Thanks
Volker
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual sort is present for one-selected category and category that havent childs. So you can create category, assign some images and sort them as you want.
Victory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks to the PicaJet Team for a very nice product. Like many others, I have tried several programs and have always come back to PicaJet.

I would like some more clarification regarding manual sorting. I am able to sort my pictures manually within a given category but when I leave that category and come back to it, it reverts to the previous order.

I have not purchased the FX version because I want to make sure that I will be able to manually sort my pictures first.

Thank You for your attention!
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual order saves only for images that attached at current category. If you select category with childs and reorder images within this category PicaJet don't save order. Order saves only for categories without childs.
Victory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I understand now - Thank You for the clarification. Are there any plans to make manual sort available in nested categories (those with children)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: