PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Categories / Save in IPTC (option)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Categories / Save in IPTC (option) Reply with quote

Hi,

Save categories in IPTC is, according to me, the way to manage photos.
But i would like to use categories for myself and not to save the information in the IPTC. For example: i would like to "tag" some pics that I want to print, or that I want to publish on a webpage. This can be done thanks to category but i don't want this information to be "in" the pic.

would it be possible to choose if a category can or not be exported in IPTC ? (like a category option)

Yoyo
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saving categories occurs only if you manually update files through "File > Write info to files (EXIF/IPTC)".
yoyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I know
but then all the categories will be in the IPTC. And i would like some categories (maybe managed thanks to a flag on the category level) NOT to be exported. These categories would be useful to manage informations that are not really interesting about the pic (shall I print this pic ? is this pic backuped ?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: