PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few 'bugs' with 380

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lanmat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: A few 'bugs' with 380 Reply with quote

Hi there! Just posted a pant load of suggestions on the suggestions board and in my parousal, I found a few things that were more like pseudo bugs. Here they are:

-On the first import attempt to import all images in all subfolders, I got a few images that came back as <\Corrupted File/>. I would then navigate to that folder in windows explorer and import all the images which would import correctly into the program. Not sure what caused it, and would probably be hard to duplicate the error, but I thought I'd report it just the same. I do have a number of old corel draw (.cdr), photoshop (.psd), paint shop pro (.psp) and other images picajet doesn't seem to be able to import (.eps, .wmf, .emf) in those folders.

-Viewing at 100% in preview doesn't always view the image at 1:1 (i.e. 1 pixel in image=1 pixel on screen), it seems like it's doing the same thing as fit image. (I have a whole folder of background images at 1280x1024 that do this). Fit image also doesn't take into account the size of the preview window on these images. (it doesn't change size when you get rid of the side navigation and category panes). It might be that these were also the same images that came in <\CorruptFile/> in the first place (though they're not actually corrupt). Actually, I've tried others that imported just fine and they do the same thing. / and * seem to do the same thing, which is leave a border around the picture in full screen mode or when side panels are turned off.

-The color tables of the photoshop (.psd) files seems like it's off sometimes. Sometimes it will show an entirely different image in preview (and not always the same one whether you approach it from either direction). Frequently these pictures will use the thumbnail of a picture close to it as well.

-Even with the optimization for large images turned on, they still seem to load in the preview window noticably slower than they open in my image editor (paint shop pro).

None of these are even close to program breaking bugs, but that's all I've found for now. Thanks for such a wonderful program!

Matt Lang
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: A few 'bugs' with 380 Reply with quote

Just to add another something I've found, with 384 (not sure if the same in 390, haven't tried it again)

I've got over 9000 images, and when I tried to updated the IPTC info for all of them (after going through and categorizing most of them), picajet has some sort of memory leak because its virtual memory usage fills up until windows is out of memory, and picajet crashes.

I ended up having to go through each category and update them separately. I agree with most of the suggestions posted in the other discussion, including the part about which files have the categories saved to them or not.

-B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: