PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Relocate function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Relocate function Reply with quote

If I have to move individual photos, or even my whole directory structure, to another drive (or even archive to CD), how can I tell PicaJet about this? A photo's entry in the database will refer to a nonexistent file in both cases. IMatch (which I am investigating alongside PicaJet before making a purchase decision) has a "relocate" function which handles both the moving of photos and archival of photos to removable media (in the latter case even prompting the user to load the appropriate CD when required). Does PicaJet have an equivalent function?

Thanks,
Alan.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to move photos, just press "F6" and choose directory.

If you moved photos outside PJ you can use "Tools>Recovery missing files" feature which will allow you to restore a new location of files, keeping structure of directories.
amo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thanks Alex, I'll give it a try...

Alan.
Rainer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:

It would be great to have the ability to create a new directory on the screen where the user can choose the folder to move pictures to. Smile
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you will add a new name to an existing folder in the edit box at the bottom of window, PicaJet will automatically create it.
Rainer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks, I always was looking for the "Create new folder" button. Wink

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:

If you moved photos outside PJ you can use "Tools>Recovery missing files" feature which will allow you to restore a new location of files, keeping structure of directories.

Is it possible to relocate several files at a time ? How ?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Select several images and press F6.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant: is it possible to *recover* several files at a time ?
Rainer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can recover several files at a time by going to "Recovery missing files" and then select the folder pictures are in, click relocate and point to the new directory the files are in (If the files are moved in different directories, you have to point to every directory pictures have been moved to.
bdwelle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure either of the techniques posted so far accomplish what I want to do. Say I have all my photos stored in d:\photos and a whole mess of subdirectories under that. Picajet of course has indexed that whole directory tree. Now say I want to move all those photos to d:\documents\photos (or whatever), and keep all my PicaJet index and metadata intact.

Using F6 on multiple photos moves them all to a single target directory -- not what I want.

Using Recovery missing files forces me to go thru each file one by one -- not what I want to do with thousands of files.

Is there a way to move my photo repository en masse?
Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just move the directory with windows explorer, say from d:\photos to d:\documents\photos, then use recover missing files and point to d:\photos (the directory) in the list of missing files and say "set new path" and set it to d:\documents\photos. as long as you dind't change the filenames of individual photos this should change _all_ files in that subdir.
PicHunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
Just move the directory with windows explorer, say from d:\photos to d:\documents\photos, then use recover missing files and point to d:\photos (the directory) in the list of missing files and say "set new path" and set it to d:\documents\photos. as long as you dind't change the filenames of individual photos this should change _all_ files in that subdir.

If you've moved several different directories to a CD/DVD can you still do this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: