PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Export Categories?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shurafa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: How to Export Categories? Reply with quote

Ok I like to move my pictures around from time to time and PicaJet likes to reimport them as new photos for some reason when I do this. Things started to get REALLY slow as a result.

As a workaround I created a new album and reimported all my pictures from scratch. This would be fine however only half of my categories were recreated from my original album. How do I import the rest of them?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to see categories from another album just copy two files from folder of source album to folder of destination album: Categories.TDI and Categories.IDI.
shurafa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alex that is pretty much what I was looking for. However I did that and now Picajet is crashing on me with a few seconds of me starting it.
shurafa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I created another album and copies over teh Categories.tdi Categories.idi and then scanned my watched folder for new pictures. Now the album appears to be stable.

One more thing though. The categories are not fully populated. For example when I click the sunsets category I can only see 1 sunset picture when there are supposed to be 5. Is there another file that controls this feature?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you assign 5 images to this category or category just show "5"?
shurafa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes in my old album there were 5 images. However in the new album only 1 of them shows up. Its like its not linking the IPTC info to the proper categories.
shurafa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so difficult to get a response? Im sure this is a pretty common problem and is not hard to fix. I havent uploaded pictures to flickr in forever because I cant get the Albums to work!!!

Your help would be appreciated
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one way to save whole categories structure with images. Go to old album and save all metadata. File > Write Info to files. In new album re-import all images with import metadata.
shurafa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats too bad thats you cant save just the categories. That would be a great feature to add in the future.

I created a new album however under import I do not have an option to import metadata. The only options under import are Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and Adobe Photoshop Album Catalog.
shurafa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euraka!!! I have found it.. Well not really but this is a pretty good work around.

It seems that picajet marks your files when you save categories to them. So if you create a new album with a file from an old album that had categories on them it will REMEMBER the categories. You can also have it remember the category structure.

I created a dummy.jpg file that I manally add to each category. When I want to create a new album I can then imoport this one file and VOILA all my categories come back!!!

This is not the solution I was looking for but it good enough workarond until they add this option in the full version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: