PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems and Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have problems with Picajet stalling, freezing, and/or crashing?
Picajet has never stalled, frozen, or crashed.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Picajet occasionally stalls, freezes, or crashes.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Picajet frequently stalls, freezes, or crashes.
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Picajet stalls, freezes, or crashes every time I use it.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

keir

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Problems and Suggestions Reply with quote

I emailed support and really didn't get much of a response, so I thought I'd try the forum and see what resulted from it.

I also saw that ther weren't very many polls. The polls seem to be a good medium for finding out how many people have certain problems or a way for the programmers to see how important certain features are to the consumers. I put up a poll to test this theory.

I just bought Picajet to organize my photos a last week and I've already run into several problems including:

-The program sometimes closes itself with no warning.

-The program stalls for up to 15 minutes at a time with no indicator that it is doing anything. It would be nice to have a status bar that shows what it is doing and how far along in that process it is.

-Sometimes when it stalls, it never starts working again and has to be stopped via the taskmanager.

-I've had subcategories randomly separate themselves from their category and end up at the bottom of the category column.

-The category counts are frequently very wrong. In one subcategory with 16 pictures, it says there are 347. Another subcategory says it has 21735 pictures in it when the "All Files" category says it has 18689 pictures.

-The help file is very lacking. At the very least, it should give an explanation of each function in the drop down menus. A thorough manual would be better.

-The duplicate search function appears to only work on pictures you've looked at recently. I had to run it 5 times before I found all of the duplicates in one of my smaller categories. It wouldn't recognize pictures
as duplicates until I had viewed it as a thumbnail.

-It would be nice to be able to cut and paste subcategories. Sometimes I have to drag and drop a category several times before I get it where I want it. Another possibility would be to have it set up like windows explorer by having the option to have two identical columns of categories/subcategories where you could drag subcategories from one column to the other and put the right where you want them.

-The program has offered me several times to report bugs when I'm offline. Is there a way that the bugs can be logged and sent later?

Other suggestions I have:

-Have an option to automatically alphabetize all subcategories. It's very annoying to have to do it individually for each category and subcategory and having to re-do it everytime you add a new subcategory.

-It would be nice to see a one and multiple level subcategory count for each category and subcategory.

-If you want a certain picture as an icon, it would be nice to be able to just drag that picture and drop it onto the icon you want to replace.

Overall, it's a nice program with a lot of potential
once the bugs are worked out.
martin10018

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second all of that. I've stopped using my registered PJ months ago because of the many bugs, the skinned interface and the lack of a manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: