PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thumbnail Woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craftysnapper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Thumbnail Woes Reply with quote

I have had to give up on Picajet as the thumbnails never generate correctly, if I wipe the data base or reinstall I can import them and while there importing they show correctly but as soon as it has finished importing the images they start changing to multiples of a few images as soon as I start scrolling through them...clicking on thesefalse thumbnails does bring up the correct image but as it is now that makes it useless for browsing images..and yes I have the latest build installed Sad
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you send us one of these files.

Thank you.
hillbill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this going to be the same issue as with the raw files?

My raw thumbs look fine just after they're imported but when the new thumb is auto generated I get the problems. Jpegs and tiffs are all fine. Some psd's look a little weird on the colour front but raw is by far and away the worst for me.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex there is no point as it is not the jpeg file that is the problem.
I uninstalled picajet erased all traces of it in the registry and folders and reinstalled, it did the same as before correctly building the thumbnails then on completion started to mix them all up with duplicate distorted thumbnails so I shut down picajet before it finished rearranging and restarted it and it displayed all the mixed up multiple thumbnails then suprise suprise it started to go through them and show the correct thumbnails all but the first 15. Now this 15 are not the same thumbnail images that were corrupted the first time and if I delete them from the database and then import them individualy the thumbnails are fine this is not the sign of a corrupt jpeg or missing marker in it!
Deleting 500 images from the data base (there are 1500) then importing them again resulted in the same mixed up mess I had originaly and having to import jpegs individually does not appeal to me.

All jpegs have been created in Adobe photoshop and every other program on my computer (acdsee, elements organiser, infran view and windows explorer has no problem with building thumbnails from them and displaying them..i never realised I was paying 25 for the honour of being a beta tester..as I was expecting great things of this program to say I'm dissapointed is a understatement!

Which off the 200 random images (as they vary everytime} it can't display the thumbnail for do you want me to send and do I send it to your E-mail?
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use "Update Thumbnails" function to regenerate incorrect thumbnails. Select thumbanils, go to main menu and select View > Update thumbnails (Ctrl + B).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, this certainly doesn't work with the raw thumbs - picajet thinks that the incorrect thumbs are correct so regenerating them doesn't do a thing (it just generates the same, incorrect thumbnail).
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To resolve this problem, one file is necessary to me to reproduce a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex I have sent you one to the forum email addy.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont receive your letter. Could you resend to support at picajet.com.

Thank you.
craftysnapper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Alex have sent it to support Smile
hollandy2k

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same proplems with the tumbnails of my RAW files. When opening the program they look good, but when the programm regenerates the thubs automatic he want to punt a vertical image in a horizontal tumb. rotating and regenerating does not help. They are RAW files from eos 300d. JPEG and GIFF looks fine.
hillbill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem with all raw files which I beleive has been ongoing for a while. Seems to affect all of my more upto date raws, cr2 and dng. I have another thread in the forum detailing exactly the same problem. Lets hope the next version addresses this issue

It's a real shame as this is pretty much the only thing stopping me ditching IView in preference to PicaJet - the interface is way better for what I use it for.

Come on you lovely PicaJet people, lets sort out raw thumbnail display!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...?
hillbill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest build seems to have fixed most of the display problems with my dng files. Some older crw generated dng's have a colour cast but nothing I can't live with. It's worth checking this out.

hb
mk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the new version (440) and have the same problem again. Crying or Very sad

The orientation of my nikon raws is wrong after ctrl+b.

I will send you a file, please do remove this bug. My keys '.' and ',' are worn-out ... Wink

mk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: