PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Slow to load / Crashes at start up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hulland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Very Slow to load / Crashes at start up. Reply with quote

Sorry for this long post but there is a question at the very end !

Got the free version of P Jet, last week, after spending about 45 minutes at the site watching and carefully reading. It looked like it might be a great improvement over my current program ( Thumbs Plus).
I have a modest database of mostly jpg images. In order to keep the old problems with Windows indexing on Win 98SE manageable, I have limited the max no. of images to each folder at 1000.Each tree of folders is limited to approximately 650MB of data ( nearly exactly 10,000 images per tree) I use about 12 trees thus constructed.

I hoped that PicaJet would be the right App for cataloguing, labelling, updating and creating fast searches through my 4 databases.
However, each time I try to run it it seems to hang with 80% cpu running, nothing else will run on the machine. I left it running over night on my P4 XPPro/SP2 machine and it did finally load one small single tree of 9453 images ( 672 Mbytes) but everytime I open Picajet and try to view the database it hangs or crashes the pc again. This happens with Windows XP Pro, Windows 2000 in the office, and Windows XP Home on my laptop, so it can't be my OS or pc.

Thumbs Plus works fine but takes about 60 to 90 seconds to write each new folder of images to it's ( access) database.
My question is, am I asking too much of P Jet? does it also use an Access database? What would anyone recommend me to do as I am happy to purchase the FX version but it is a pointless exercise if it can't cope quickly with this amount of data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: