PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recommendations for photo databases other than Picajet? I'm looking for a database that focuses on organization and queries. I don't care about any photo adjustment features as I have Adobe Photoshop. Ideally, I need something very like Picajet in that it has a good interface and stores the keywords in the actually photo file, but I need something that can deal with more than a very basic amount of organization. I need to have a very organized database that I can query. Picajet does not currently allow queries on categories that have a large number of subcategories. It seems fine for someone who doesn't take enough pictures to need a database, but severely flawed if you actually take enough pictures to need such a database to organize them. Does anyone else have problems with their database being too organized to query it? Any recommendations? What other database programs are good and what kind of problems do they have? All I want is a photodatabase that works!!!!!
tumirnix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
may be you can use another program only for queries,
I think I've seen some free programs that can query over
IPTC data, e.g. xnView or iptcExt.
Bye
Tumirnix
demeester_roel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: pixvue Reply with quote

otherwise
try to use pixvue.com
it can edit IPTC/EXIF and most important XMP which is the future standard for image meta-data.
Also .. try installing Google desktop. It comes with support for searching inside image meta-data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: