PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with watch folders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles could you tell me please do you have folders with (') symbols (single quote)?

Thanks in advance.
charles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Quote:

I let it bring them in, it's the same 42 it incorrectly re-imported before, and that I had just removed after verifying that PJ could correctly flag them as duplicated with the find duplicates feature.

I can suggest delete these 42 files and their duplicates from database and then restart PJ.

Ok, searching for duplicates at first finds only 21 pairs, which I delete; I visually confirmed that there were still dups. After switching views with tabs a couple times, I ran duplicate search again, it then finds another 20-some. Delete all pairs, run dup search again, nothing found; but I can still manually find duplicates. I leave them be and quit, rerun.

PJ finds the 42 files as new, I let it bring them in. I also manually delete 4 files that it is failing to find as duplicate. In this case I leave the original files in place, as they have metadata tagged. Quit, then restart

BTW, the time period of frantic CPU activity (where performing other activities can cause a crash or database error) deffinitely seems to be associated with scanning watched folders - the "new files detected" dialog pops up as soon as the CPU activity goes to zero percent.

It re-imports the four files that I had manually removed, but not the others. I ctrl-I the four original files to assure that metadata is written to the file, and remove all 4 pairs (8 files), restart, wait 75 seconds. It brings in the four files, with metadata. Quit, re-run, wait. Now it still thinks that two of these four files are new!! GRR!!

(The dup search failed on the only 4 duplicates that have metadata - is the system based on hashing the full image file? If you're generating checksums for the search, you might want to make two - one for the full file, and one for just the pixel content; that would allow perfect matches, and image-content-only matches.)

So my problem has been significantly scaled down by Alex's suggestion, but it is still refusing to recognize two files as already in the DB.

Looking for single quotes, the full path of the files involved degrades to [A-Za-z0-9 _]+; letters, numbers, space and underscore. I did not notice any unusual characters...

In case it's any way helpful; the most problematic folder (where 42 repeatedly duplicated files were located) contains a total of 228 images. I had a subfolder called Backup in it that contained a subset of the 228 (not the 42 however). I had earlier deleted that folder from the hard drive, and also deleted those entries from PJ. I don't know if that confused the program; it would not explain the other four (two of which continue to be problematic).

-CAT
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charles. I've reproduce this bug, but only for folders with single quotes. Could you please bring me example of problem path.

Thanks a lot.
charles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Thanks Charles. I've reproduce this bug, but only for folders with single quotes. Could you please bring me example of problem path.

Thanks a lot.

The two files that are still being re-imported are:

D:\Smart Media\_Good Photos\BE171 July 4\
BE350 Sunflower.jpg
BE351 Pink Zinnia.jpg

They are the last two files (alphabetically) in that folder. I'll mail the two files to you (support@picajet.com), though I suspect it does not have anything to do with the files...

-CAT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: