PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS tagging and Google Earth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ascaaear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: GPS tagging and Google Earth Reply with quote

I dont know with you guys, but I have the feelding that Google Earth (and Google Map) gonna be huge. Its cool and the posibilities are without my imagination. Google Earth use .kmz files, which I believe are xml format. These kmz-files are layers to be added in Google Earth.

I would be cool if it was possible for PicaJet to export the geotagging of images to a kmz file. What I also believe to be possible is, on the pointmarks in Google Earth to have a pop-up and then show the image itself with some info about it.

It may sound crazy, but its already there in Google Earth. Just check it out on the "Google Earth Community"-layer.
pheno7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice, but as a plugin please.

Or in a "export metadata" with sub menus maybe.

That's why a plugin architecture would be an asset for that sort of features.
Ascaaear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Export to KMZ? Reply with quote

I just wonder if there are any consideration on the matter of being able to geo tag your photos, and also export it to a .kmz/.kml file in a future PicaJet?

I have tried a software called RoboGeo (www.robogeo.com) which do exactly that. You even use Google Earth itself to tag the pictures with the coordinates. It is possible to export to several map services online. Exporting to Google Earth gives you the option to make references to local drive, include pictures in the file itself or even make a reference to a online picture service.

Is possible to have the exact same features in PicaJet? The reason i ask is that everybody are talking about it, but there arent any good solution (except for RoboGeo). But I like the feature to be in PicaJet, which gives the possibility to use it with Flickr also.
scott_ae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Export to KMZ? Reply with quote

Ascaaear wrote:

Is possible to have the exact same features in PicaJet? The reason i ask is that everybody are talking about it, but there arent any good solution (except for RoboGeo). But I like the feature to be in PicaJet, which gives the possibility to use it with Flickr also.

I just bought RoboGeo to simply geotag existing photos. (I'm not interested in syncing with GPS & etc.) Anyway, I was floored to find out that it doesn't support RAW files. If PicaJet (I'm not currently a user) could support the simplified EXIF addition of lat / long into raw files I'd buy it in a second.

Anybody know of another program as intuitive as RoboGeo that works with RAW files?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: