PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flickr loggin issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: flickr loggin issue Reply with quote

I'm trying to use the flickr plugin (1.1.0.45) with my new flickr account, without much success. The process is:

1. PJ menu : Tools / Flickr Uploader
2. Click "Login"
3. PJ sits quietly saying "Connecting to Flickr..." with nothing happening. Eventually times out. Firewall (keiro personal 4.2.2) shows a port open with no activity during the attempt.
4. If I click "cancel" before it times out, I get a message from the plugin about needing to login in the web browser, and firefox (1.5.0.4) will open a window to the login page (if I am not already authenticated with flickr).
5. After authentication (or if I was already authenticated in FF) I get a page saying:

Quote:
Oops! Flickr can't find a valid callback URL.

An external application has requested your login credentials and permission to perform certain actions on your behalf, but has failed to include all the required data.

The pluggin remains unhappy after this exchange.

So flickr knows it's supposed to be communicating with another app, but can't figure out what. The firewall does not seem to be the problem - it's not complaining about unusually activity.

I am running as a non-administrator, and created the account with my yahoo ID (rather than via flickr.com, which apparently was previously how accounts there were made) - don't know if either causes problems (I know that switching to a non-admin account was a MAJOR headache for photoshop).

Thanks for any advice...

-CAT
charles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: flickr loggin issue Reply with quote

charles wrote:
The firewall does not seem to be the problem - it's not complaining about unusually activity.

Embarassed Oops - my bad. I did not realize that I had put a firewall block on PJ at some point in the past (which is why keiro was not saying anything). It works fine now.

Sorry for the spam! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: