PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request - Search for similar images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Abel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Feature Request - Search for similar images Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that this is a great program, and to suggest a feature. Would it be possible to have a 'Find Similar Image' option, so that images that have been slightly altered or resized can be searched for?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Feature Request - Search for similar images Reply with quote

Alan Abel wrote:
Just wanted to say that this is a great program, and to suggest a feature. Would it be possible to have a 'Find Similar Image' option, so that images that have been slightly altered or resized can be searched for?

Unfortunatelly it's not a trivial task and I also don't know if this feature will be claimed. We need to do some research.
martin10018

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Feature Request - Search for similar images Reply with quote

Alan Abel wrote:

What's the use of this function? If you alter or resize a picture it would be a new version of the original picture. And AFAIR PicaJet will get versioning in the future.
Alan Abel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of old photos that i have scanned, and they werent in any kind of order when they were scanned. There would be no camera information in the file so the only way to group them is to do it manually. There are some programs on the net that will analyze the images and group them by similarity. Its doesnt do a perfect job, but it cuts down some of the manual work.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Abel wrote:
I have a lot of old photos that i have scanned, and they werent in any kind of order when they were scanned. There would be no camera information in the file so the only way to group them is to do it manually. There are some programs on the net that will analyze the images and group them by similarity. Its doesnt do a perfect job, but it cuts down some of the manual work.

Thanks in any cases for sharing your idea. We will thought about this feature.
tumirnix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
if you understand german, you can tryout a freeware that exactly
promises what you seem to look for.
The name is similar picures, I've seen a review on:

http://www.digitalkamera.de/Software/David_Brunner_SimilarPictures_II_1981.asp

The direct URL is

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~dabr/htmlparts/newindexhtmls/projekte/index.html

I've not tested the software so far, but may be you will have a try.

Bye
Turmirnix
Alan Abel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply and the link. I will check out the program and see how it works. Still it would be nice to have this built into PicaJet or added as a plugin of some sort. Picajet is a fantastic organizer and it would be nice not to have to go out of the program to handle similar images.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: