PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality setting (for edited photos)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Quality setting (for edited photos) Reply with quote

EDIT: The support team quickly replied to my inquiry via email. Apparently the default quality setting is 95% and cannot be changed. That functionality will probably be available in the next minor update.

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the default quality setting for saving edited photos.

Essentially, when I go into the "Fix Image" section of the program and edit my photos (and subsequently save the changes), the newly created "MyPhoto_Edited.jpg" file is a lot (50%) smaller than the original. The same can be said when applying "QuickEdit" changes to your photo.

I don't know if this is related, but when I use the "Save As" function, the default quality setting is 80. Clearly I can change it to whatever I want at that point, but there is no such dialog box when applying changes from the "Fix Image" section.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I definitely want to keep all my photo-related tasks within PicaJet (a great product IMHO). By the way, I am using PicaJet FX v2.5.0 (build 440) on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance, MoS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: