PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picajet more than keyword editor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Picajet more than keyword editor? Reply with quote

Hey Picajet guys,

Are there any chances of Picajet growing to be more than "just" a keyword editor for IPTC values?

For instance I have a "places" category, with underlying countries, cities etc. This information about the location of my pictures - goes straight into the keyword field of IPTC.

Why not use the pre-defined IPTC fields for this? They are already divided into seperate fileds by "Country" -> "State" -> "City" -> "Location". By following this standard - and putting the information in the right fields - searching could be made better - and there would be less clutter in the keyword field.

Thanks!
/Kasper
Kalain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I totaly agree with kasper_dk. Wink

This would be wonderful Cool Cool Cool

Alain PIERRE
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. But this feature will be implemented only in the third version. Some IPTC fileds editing will be implemented as IPTC keywords at now.

This sounds as lame excuse, but we try to realize third version as soon as possible. We have spent a lot of time to research a subject domain and create software architecture. One of main principles of the third version is to not try to create the bloatware. Basis of the third version will be the powerful, fast and flexible core directed on the organization of images and work with metadata. Also we want to attract third-party developers to extend PicaJet's functionality with fully opened API.
kasper_dk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
I agree with you. But this feature will be implemented only in the third version. Some IPTC fileds editing will be implemented as IPTC keywords at now.

This sounds as lame excuse, but we try to realize third version as soon as possible.

Fair enough. Looking forward to the new version! I'm sure you realise then there are a few other things which are now written as keywords that could be divided into the prober IPTC field.

However it shouldn't be "over-done" like it is, in my opnion, in iView MediaPro, they have divided everything into SO many different fields that it becomes a bit annoying to fill in - and also many programs are set only to use the basic IPTC fields. Photoshop for instance can't read all iView information, because they are too advanced and in too many minor IPTC fields.... And then what good is it to have all you pictures indexed, if they can't be used outside you index program Confused

Good luck with version 3 Alex, you're definently in the right direction!!

Best regards
/Kasper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: