PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catagory From Folder or File Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Manager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Catagory From Folder or File Name Reply with quote

There should be a function where you can create and assign images to a catagory created from its containing folder or file name.

E.G. "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Photos\Animals\Cats\Fluffy.jpeg"

If the 'Catagory From Filename' was used then it would assign the image catagory to Fluffy. If the Catagory did not exsist then it would create the catagory and assign the image to it.

If the 'Catagory From Folder' was used then it would ask which folder (Cats , Animals, Photos, etc). If the Catagory did not exsist then it would create the catagory and assign the image to it.

I'd be happy to write some pseudo code for this if it would help in any way.
The Manager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised I was spelling Category wrong,.. opps.

Also, 'Category from Folder or Filename' should be capable of bulk applying.
The Manager

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would also be nice to be able to apply settings for individual folders so that when a new image is added to the folder it will automatically add it to the chosen categories and add chosen keywords.

Should I be expecting a reply from the PicaJet team or dothey not often reply to feature requests?

Thanks.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Manager wrote:
It would also be nice to be able to apply settings for individual folders so that when a new image is added to the folder it will automatically add it to the chosen categories and add chosen keywords.

Should I be expecting a reply from the PicaJet team or dothey not often reply to feature requests?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay with answer. Thanks for the idea. We will think about this feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: