PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion: Missing links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ascaaear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: Missing links Reply with quote

Sometimes have to move and reorganize the actually folders where my images are located. And offcourse PicaJet doesnt find the images anymore. What has been bugging me for a while is that the "Missing Link" lack the ability to view and check how pictures look like when locating the images again.

I have a new suggestion, and this is how I see it.

First PicaJet search through the disk for missing links.
Then PicaJet try to find and relink the files by it self. You may choose to compare pictures by the same filename, filesize or imagesize (or a combination).
Then it search through the disk again, but only folders which has pictures in it. And also search for any new sub-folders which have been created.

Then it show the suggestions of the linking. You may go through and double check if the linking by PicaJet are correct.

You may offcourse change the linking of a picture or a whole folder. When doing that, there should always be able to view the thumbnail and previewing the new picture. When changing a folder, it should rescan this folder (either by filename, filesize or imagesize) and come up with a new suggestion.

After you have linked the files and you hit the ok button, it does the actually linking.

Finaly, when browsing through pictures in PicaJet, there could be a little symbol on every picture which has a missing link. And be able to locate it directly from a picture.
Offcourse it should be able to hide these small symbols, when you dont need it.
Ascaaear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: New info regarding Missing Links Reply with quote

Ok, I just found out something new regarding missing links feature.

For no reason at all I realise that PicaJet from time to time find new pictures, without actually adding any new pictures, and I also noticed that lots of picture are to be found twice in the database.

I happends to do a lot renaming and moving of folders the past days, and I just realise that when I do renaming or moving folders, PicaJet believe this are new images to be added (which is not).

Ok, so what is actually happends here is that pictures are to found twice in my db. The thumbnails without any link, and the new images.
Then I go into the "Missing links" feature, where I hopefully would link up the missing link files to the newly added images (which are the same).
Well, it doesnt happend. I end up having the exact same pictures twice in my db, the "old" and "new" pictures.

First, it would be nice to come up with a solution to this, so it doesnt add the same pictures twice. Somehow check if the image already exist in db.
Maybe even a "find dublicates" feature.

So I realised that this it could be nice to combine it. When PicaJet detects new folders with pictures, it also look if there are some missing links and try to find the possible match (if any). Offcourse it should come up with the list of relinked images, so you can review and preview it before actually linking the images.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: