PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing project tokens is cumbersome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyby

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Changing project tokens is cumbersome Reply with quote

I am testing RoboImport v.1.2.0.60 and have a question.

If I have several days of images, with several subjects on my camera and select “group by day” on “source files” I get the appropriate list of daily folders. If I want to add a unique %project to each folder, it seems I have to select each folder - right click - transfer selected - confirm transfer - enter %project token - OK - close transfer report - repeat for other folders. If I try to transfer the root folder and get the “Set tokens values” window, the %project token gets applied to all the folders.

Why can’t the %project tokens be applied individually to folders in the “Set tokens” window? It would be much faster.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Changing project tokens is cumbersome Reply with quote

Thank you for interesting RoboImport. If you split your destination folder by days I recommend you to append %project to the sub-folders template.
For example:

[%yyyy-%mm-%dd] - %project

If you wish to describe each day differently according the events please check "Promt for new value every time project token appears" option on the Destination page. Overwise hold this option unchecked - the same %project value will be used for all new folders.
Flyby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wizard:

Here's what I did. I was using " %yyyy\%yyyy-%mm-%dd %project " for the subfolder template, but I also tried the one you suggested.

I used a source folder with 3 days of images, the destination box showed each day's folder labeled properly, I also checked the "prompt for new value . . " box. WHen I hit transfer, I go to the "set token values" box where I see the same folder tree along with the thumbnails. This part is great because I can see each subject and enter the proper value for %project. THe problem is here. I select a folder and provide a %project value but that value gets applied to all the folders, not just the selected one.

The only way I can make it work for me is to select each folder from the destination box, right click it to "transfer selected" and go through that process for each folder. It works, but there are so many steps it is easier to do it the old-fashioned way, just dragging and dropping thumbnails into folders. I only move the keepers when I do that and that save a step later.

If it matters I have the "Invoke set custom token . . " box checked in source files, although I tried it both ways. So I'm not sure if this is a bug or a design, or if I'm doing something wrong.. This is probably not an issue for somwone that shoots only one event at a time, which I do a lot, but I also do a lot of multiple events. If this can be fixed, plus, have the abiltiy to select only the files you want to keep before transferring, this could be a nice little program.

Thanks;
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: