PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different versions from one original!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jotschi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Different versions from one original! Reply with quote

Hy!

I often edit photos with Photoshop or The Gimp. So i sometimes have two or three different versions from one picture.
In my album i only want to see the last edited version and not the original. The original should not be edited.
So how does this work and how are the different versions saved?
Is there a new picture (picture250_01,...) with a link on the original?
When i open an picture in photoshop, edit this and the save, im asked where i want to save it?
Can anybody explain this for me?
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Different versions from one original! Reply with quote

Thank you for choosing PicaJet. Version Management feature is present on our future list.

Current PicaJet 2.5 version management is a limited: new image version created only from the built-in image editor (Ctrl+E) and saves in the following format: imagename_edited.ext. Original link replaced by edited one. You can then handle them from the main menu: Tools > Original Files or directly from the Editor.

If you have any specific requirements for the version management feature you are welcome.
jotschi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At work, we manage our drawings with SAP R3.
If you edit a drawing, you have to create a new version from the document. Then you edit the image and overwrite the copy from the original.
Maybe you can create a version information in the iptc fieds.
The new version should be a new picture in the explorer (picture250_01) but in Picajet you only see the newest version (when you create a slideshow you only want to see the edited image and not the original).

Now i do it this way: i copy the image, and give the copy an additional category (version_1).
When you want to see the last version of the image, you choose for example the category flower and version_1.
The original you can hide.

Its a little bit difficult. I hope that there will be something to handle easier in an new update from picajet.

Do you have some tips how you can handle the editing of the images?

nice greetss, johannes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: