PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions to excellent program...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Suggestions to excellent program... Reply with quote

First of all, excellent, excellent program. I was struggling between using Picasa and Adobe Album, as I liked a lot from both, but each is lacking in some area. But your application seems to have combined the best of both! There are so many built-in features and little conveniences, that you really seem to know what people would want. So my search is over. I will be buying it this week.

Anyway, here are some suggestions I think could improve PicaJet further:

- Recognize which pictures/folders have been burned to CD/DVD already by marking them somehow.

- For the Recover Missing..., automatically try to find where the pictures might have been relocated to, instead of the user having to desgnate the new location for each picture. Also, I think it makes you choose the new location for each file individually instead of selecting multiple and pointing them all at a new folder somewhere.

- Recognize that pictures are missing from the Watch Folders automatically, instead of just recognizing the new additions. It doesn't realize they're missing until you double click on them to view/edit or choose the Recover Missing feature. Maybe have an option to auto check and popup a dialog vs. initiating via the Recover Missing feature.

- Provide a default thumbnail for movie files automatically (maybe using first frame or something), instead of leaving them blank intially and making the user select a snapshot for each of them. Although maybe its not working correctly on my system.

- The picture thumbnails seem to be quite grainy. I don't have them at their smallest by any means, and seem like they could look a little cleaner (as compared to what I have seen in other albums).

- As others have mentioned, some way to manually order the pictures, optimally within each folder in the folder view.

- As others have mentioned, only write pictures with changed IPTC data to the pictures.

- Have an option in the Slideshow to randomize/shuffle the order in which they are displayed.

That's it. Keep up the excellent work. I am already recomending this to 3 other people who are actively looking for a picture manager. Thanks!

Anthony
Anthony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: A couple more suggestions... Reply with quote

A forgot a couple of suggestions, which seem trivial, but would be very useful features:

- An very important aspect of PicaJet is that it maintains the existing folder locations and structure of the original pictures, and even has location-based features. However, the Burn to CD/DVD burns the pictures WITHOUT their enclosing folders. It just puts them all individually on the CD, losing their orginal folder organization. When the Burning is used for archiving, this is important, as I don't want to lose that. It would be good to have an option to burn with folders.

- Have a true "Tray" feature, like some other programs have, although there are different implementations of it. This can be used for temporarily selecting certain pictures to work on, get ready to burn, mark for printing, etc. I see there is a built-in "Tray" Category, which can be used to tag the pictures that are wanted, then filter on that category. However, since "Tray"is a category, it gets written into the pictures IPTC header when choosing that option, which is not desirable.

Again, the rest of the program is great. Thanks!

Anthony
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Anthony for many suggestions. We try to realize them as soon as possible.
Alain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: A couple more suggestions... Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
A forgot a couple of suggestions, which seem trivial, but would be very useful features:

- An very important aspect of PicaJet is that it maintains the existing folder locations and structure of the original pictures, and even has location-based features. However, the Burn to CD/DVD burns the pictures WITHOUT their enclosing folders. It just puts them all individually on the CD, losing their orginal folder organization. When the Burning is used for archiving, this is important, as I don't want to lose that. It would be good to have an option to burn with folders.

Another solution would be to create an album when you burn a CD or a DVD. This have the disadvantage that you can't search images in several albums from current album.
Or may be to create automatically a folder with same name of CD/DVD and copy all images ready to burn in this folder.
Like this you have a folder for each CD/DVD.

Alain PIERRE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Feature request & suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: