PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User which have a lot of pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gomf1977

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: User which have a lot of pictures Reply with quote

Hello,

iŽve downloaded the free version of Picajet and iŽam thinking about buying the full-version because i want to write the IPTC back to the picture for example.

Now my question: Are there any users which have a lot of pictures in the database and are satisfied with this program?
I have about 10000 pictures which must be added to the database and i want to go sure, that the program has the performance to handle such a batch of pictures.

Cheers
Martin
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: User which have a lot of pictures Reply with quote

Gomf1977 wrote:

Now my question: Are there any users which have a lot of pictures in the database and are satisfied with this program?
I have about 10000 pictures which must be added to the database and i want to go sure, that the program has the performance to handle such a batch of pictures.

Sometimes we receive from our customers screenshots with 30k, 100k imported images. Recently we received the unique screenshot with 300k imported images. Although we are recommend to split such large collection into the several albums, PicaJet works well with large collections. I recommend you to check the your videocard supported by the latest card driver (non standard Microsoft one).
Gomf1977

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I recommend you to check the your videocard supported by the latest card driver (non standard Microsoft one).

Hello,

my videocard is a Geforce 7900GS and the version of the card driver is 91.47 from NVidia.

Is that okay?

How much images do you think is the maximum for one database?

Cheers
Martin
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gomf1977"]
Quote:

my videocard is a Geforce 7900GS and the version of the card driver is 91.47 from NVidia.

Is that okay?

Yes, it's a solid card.

Quote:

How much images do you think is the maximum for one database?

This is more a term of the RAM, HDD free space, CPU and VideoCard model combination.

I guess you can import 30k-50k images per album. For the speed performance reason we split PJ categories into the different files, it helps to significantly increase the speed PicaJet Database working.

You can try for example import 30k to PJ, create several (10-20) sample categories and play with clicking on the categories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: